Morning Person ? Advice Please!

Options
2»

Replies

• missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? I have no problem getting up at 5:15 everyday, but only because I go to bed at 8:30PM.
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds basic, but go to bed earlier. I was having the same problem. Turns out that I really can't function without 8 full hours of sleep. I go to bed at 9:30 and get up at 6:30 rested and ready to roll!

Also agree with the advice to make it easy on yourself. Sleep in the clothes you'll wear to work out, have your shoes and wallet and earbuds ready, and pick a quick snack to eat (I do a tablespoon of Peanut Butter) to coax yourself out of bed and into the kitchen. Wash your face AS SOON AS you get up. That always tells my brain "You're up for today, no going back now".
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, not an option. I tell myself the night before that I will be getting up to work out the next morning and then just do it. (Doesn't mean that it's easy!) I keep workout clothes in the bathroom and am downstairs warming up with Jillian in about 10 minutes (after letting the dog in and out and getting him settled on the couch so that he leaves me alone during the DVD.) Once I'm done with my DVD, I wake my husband up and we walk the dog together before getting ready for work. If I don't work out in the morning then I don't work out and I NEED to work out - lol! :)
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    One word-CAFFEINE.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the comments. Get your stuff packed up and ready to go the night before so it's one less thing to think about. Go to bed earlier. For me, having an exercise partner and a dog who howls at my alarm clock are two pretty big motivators. Also, I had to start out slowly and gradually, only getting up early once a week, then twice, until it became an every day thing. I'd wake up at 6.30 for a while, then 6, and so on until I started getting up at 5. You can always build up to it.