Slim/thick goals! More food suggestions if possible please

Options
Hey guys, I recently downloaded this app to help me gain weight. My goal is to gain 15 pounds in the next few weeks. I'm planning on going back to the gym as well cause consistency has always been my problem. Overall sometimes I don't be knowing what to eat or Munch on cause I can easily get bored of repetitive foods. Any suggestions for a woman On a mission for GAINS!

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    BMR+TDEE+250 calories per day+Patience = gains

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    diana3189 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I recently downloaded this app to help me gain weight. My goal is to gain 15 pounds in the next few weeks. I'm planning on going back to the gym as well cause consistency has always been my problem. Overall sometimes I don't be knowing what to eat or Munch on cause I can easily get bored of repetitive foods. Any suggestions for a woman On a mission for GAINS!

15 lbs in a few weeks? Yeah don't do that. Women can put on about 0.25lbs of muscle a week. That is it, and that is only if you are training and eating properly. If you shoot for 15lbs in a few weeks its going to be 90% fat and not really a healthy move.

As @nakedraygun said, you only need to be 250 calories over your TDEE to put on muscle.
  • TezKrastev
    TezKrastev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Munch food Ideas:

Wholegrain crackers
    Almonds
    Chobani yoghurt
    Sweet potato chips, cooked yourself
    Protein shake w/ bannana, blueberry and milk.

• mariadalmadi
    mariadalmadi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Some ideas: taste the different country yogurt , hazelnut yogurt (at sainsbury) Jordan's or eat natural cereal bar, Mars snickers bar , digestives biscuits, complain chicken soup( pharmacy) , jelly baby
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lol. I'm shooting for 10 lbs in 5-6 months. If you try to gain that fast you're just going to gain fat. Eat 250 over maintenance, get on a heavy lifting program, gain slowly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You all might want to google slim thick.

Op, you do realize that even if you gain weight genetics will determine where it goes right? Grant it, you can spot gain muscle but not the fst on top.

And gaining is fine but unless you want it mostly fat, then slower is probably better.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Op, you do realize that even if you gain weight genetics will determine where it goes right? Grant it, you can spot gain muscle but not the fst on top.

And gaining is fine but unless you want it mostly fat, then slower is probably better.

I googled. That's what I figured it meant.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

i recall someone else around here wanting to be slim thick, which I believe is "thin" but with thick thighs and butt …

OP - you can't spot gain and you are not going to gain 15 pounds in a few weeks…

get on a structured heavy lifting program, eat in a 250 to 500 calorie per day surplus, hit your micros, and macros…

15 pounds at one pound per week gain is going to take a minimum of three and a half months...