High calorie, low carb, low protein?

Options
Hi!
I am trying to find high calorie, low carb, low protein foods. Preferably low sugar, too. Anyone have any good ones?
Lo65

Replies

• anjani_009
    anjani_009 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That would be high in fat. Calories are related to the amounts of carbs/protein/fat. So anything low in carb and protein is high in fat. Sugars are carbs, so anything low in carbs is also low in sugar.

High fat foods are, for example, coconut, cheese, nuts and eggs (yolk)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am trying to find high calorie, low carb, low protein foods. Preferably low sugar, too. Anyone have any good ones?
    Lo65

Oils

Duck Fat

Butter
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    You can increase the fat, and caloric content of foods you already eat by adding real cheese, butter, heavy cream, cooking with coconut oil, lard
    etc. When I cook bacon, I strain the fat through a fine sieve and refrigerate to use for cooking.

Making dishes like veggies au gratin, creamed spinach, etc. You have to either be creative or find an OLD cookbook like from the 50's or 60's. When low fat/low calorie came into vogue, recipes got an overhaul and don't fit the description of your request, so go for older Better Homes & Gardens traditional recipes, beef stew, lamb stew, soups of all kinds, etc.

Good luck :drinker: :drinker:
  • Lo65
    Lo65 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you!:smile: