Love my low carb diet

Options
I am at a loss and do t know what to do. I had a total hysterectomy August 7 and since then have gained 15 pounds. I have kept my lcd but very little activity due to the surgery. They haven't d to cut me open at the bikini line. I am just now getting back together e gym and stared a progesterone cream hoping to balance out my hormones. Has anyone else been in my position that can give me any insight? Would love any feedback and love this challenge >:)

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Commenting to watch responses. I will be having a complete hysterectomy in February. I plan to make as much headway as I can with my trainer before then but dread the 6-8 weeks with no lifting. I am not working on weight loss right now but concentrating on being stronger and overall healthier. Measurements are more important to me than pounds right now.
  • fattyho68
    fattyho68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well good luck!! There are so many things I would have done different.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Actually, given that you're having medical menopause, this seems like a smart choice. Menopause and insulin resistance often go hand in hand. Reigning in the carbs with menopause will perhaps give you a leg up.
    I also find that lowering carbs is helping with SYMPTOMS. Especially if I lower heavily refined carbs.
  • fattyho68
    Options
    I've been on LC for a year and when I had my hysterectomy in August and i never changed anything except of course my work outs and I'm still gaining and have no idea why or what I can do
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    fattyho68 wrote: »
    I've been on LC for a year and when I had my hysterectomy in August and i never changed anything except of course my work outs and I'm still gaining and have no idea why or what I can do
    It's the menopause. It will take you some time to get sorted.

• fattyho68
    Options
    Well I started a progesterone cream and started taking tumeric for water retention so I hope that helps
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    fattyho68 wrote: »
    Well I started a progesterone cream and started taking tumeric for water retention so I hope that helps

Good. Have you joined the menopause group? Lots of support there. I also use progesterone cream. It did lead to some water retention initially.