Finally doing this!!

Options
Hello all!!

My name is Kristen and I am finally going to do this the right way! I am 36 years old and have put on a lot of weight since graduating college. The biggest weight gain was after having my daughter and suffering from post partum depression. Between the lack of moving around as much as I should, increased (crappy) eating and the medication I put on a chunk of weight. Now that I am mentally healthy (thanks to support of an amazing husband!), it's time to take care of me physically and to do it correctly: no more trying to skip meals or halfway attempting a fad diet, etc. Its time to eat right, move around and set a good example for my daughter!

I'd love to go on this journey with others so we can do this together and we keep each other going!!

Replies

• fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on MFP since November 2012. I have come and gone over the years but haven't really gotten serious until this September 25 th. I came back from vacation to find I was at the heaviest weight I have ever been. That was the moment I knew I was taking this serious and committed to stick with it. I have gathered a group of committed friends who are on daily and who I support and who support me. So far I have lost 17.8lbs. You are welcome to add me if you want to join a group of great MFP friends.
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wish there could be some tips for college students because honestly its so easy to put on weight when you are in school.. im having such a hard week. every week i tell myself im gonna start this week.. i been recently meal prepping.. my food is in check i know what to eat. but i often forget to eat and workout because the constant assignments and then when i need to go to the library to get some studying done i have to always bring sandwiches which arent the healthiest...or spend money at the food court if i end up staying at school all day.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
    It's so good to see that you're wanting to do this the right and healthy way. I promise you can do it.
    Track your calories and take advantage of the support on offer here at MFP. Good luck!
  • 2sweetboys
    2sweetboys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this app is fantastic and the community of people are great they are all so motivating and supportive. Remember one day at a time
  • YouCanDoIt3445
    YouCanDoIt3445 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lillyy23 wrote: »
    I wish there could be some tips for college students because honestly its so easy to put on weight when you are in school.. im having such a hard week. every week i tell myself im gonna start this week.. i been recently meal prepping.. my food is in check i know what to eat. but i often forget to eat and workout because the constant assignments and then when i need to go to the library to get some studying done i have to always bring sandwiches which arent the healthiest...or spend money at the food court if i end up staying at school all day.

Trying to schedule good eating at college was always tough. Especially with all the work, stress and easy access to crappy food. You can do it! Meal planning is a great idea to help!
  • YouCanDoIt3445
    YouCanDoIt3445 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @PinkPixiexox and @2sweetboys thank you for your supportive words!