Extra motivation needed !!!

Options
Well, I am a mother , work full time, a amateur boxer and always have a full plate ! I love to cook and eat healthy but I find that my partner does not help out much . He brings home fast food that is so hard to resist ! Any tips on how not to fall off the wagon when it comes your partner not being on the same page as you.? I exercise a lot and they are intense work outs , but without a good diet I'm not going to get the results HELP

Replies

• JillianSmiles31
    JillianSmiles31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband does the same thing to me but what helps me say no is I just amagine sticking the food right on my hips and never being able to get it of :)
  • killafitnessxo
    killafitnessxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • VeggieMelissa
    VeggieMelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue.
    My boyfriend lives off of meat, potatoes, baked goods, etc. He also loves to bake so it is often (last night, for example) that I will come home from a long day of school and he will have warm peanut butter cookies (my favvvvv) warm and waiting for me.
    The only advice I can give (because I do have my slip ups, like having a cookie last night) are to just think about your goal. Make separate meals for him if he doesn't want to eat what you eat (if you're the one doing the cooking) but still eat together.
    If he brings home fast food, snack on a healthy alternative until he's done eating and the temptation is gone!
  • ReginaPats
    ReginaPats Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well girls, I am just the opposite, my wife of the German back ground, likes large portions of food. My Heart Doctor tells me I have to loose 40 to 50 pounds. So I have to tell her only half portions. It is not easily. Please add me as a friend.
  • osos85
    osos85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with veggiemelissa, let him eat alone so the temptation isn't there.
  • killafitnessxo
    killafitnessxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! Baked goods are my weekeness too... And maybe anything with bad carbs lol He will eat anything I make and that's probably why I do most the cooking, to keep it light. He thinks if I eat great during the week I can pig out all weekend ... And that's when the bad food comes in the house . I guess we all don't have the same beliefs about the importance of a healthy diet.
  • vinsmomma26
    vinsmomma26 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My husband used to do the same thing! I was never on a diet though, so of course I would gorge myself in fast food. The best thing to do is to stay away from it, and maybe talk to him about how you feel, maybe he will change the way he eats. My husband is much smaller than me, and it really gets to me when he can eat a whole pizza and not gain a pound. Now that I have started this weight loss journey, he told me he would stick by me and eat healthy. I had a talk with him about the junk food, and it seemed to help a lot! Good luck hun!