Motivation needed

Options
So a struggle the last couple of days and now worried for the weekend. Would love some motivation from likeminded girlies :)

Replies

• nikemic
    nikemic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not a like minded girlie but my advice is don't rely on motivation. Instead, rely on discipline. Discipline is consistent and reliable. Motivation is fleeting and fickle.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    nikemic wrote: »
    I'm not a like minded girlie but my advice is don't rely on motivation. Instead, rely on discipline. Discipline is consistent and reliable. Motivation is fleeting and fickle.

Look in the mirror and give yourself a pep talk. YOU want the body YOU want. Only YOU can get it for you. Only YOU can take the action required to achieve the result YOU want. It's all YOU, and YOU can do it.
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Discipline. Habit. Routine. Like brushing your teeth or washing your hands.

Start slow. Pick one or two things you KNOW you can do every day, then do them. Doing too much, too soon, is a guaranteed path to failure. For me, the biggest factor in my improving fitness has been finding (returning to) an active hobby I LOVE. Everything else has fallen into place around it.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    nikemic wrote: »

Discipline and determination. Motivation waxes and wanes and you can't count on it. Use discipline and determination to develop good habits that will carry you through the times when motivation is lacking.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Learn to motivate yourself, don't rely on others to provide it. Take a good, honest look at why YOU want to lose weight. Not what others have said or you think it should be. It doesn't have to be 'to get healthy'. Finding that out and internalizing it will give you your own motivation to keep going. External support is nice, but fickle. Enjoy it when you get it, but don't depend on it. Depend on YOURSELF because this is your journey, and you are the only one that says how you get there.
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can add me if u like. I've just started to clean up my diet and get back into exercising so I can breathe in my jeans, lol. 10 lbs need to go! We can eat clean together
  • WyomingJewel
    WyomingJewel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me.