binge eating

Hey lovelies,

I'm always doing great for a week or two, every day right on track - and then it just strucks me, and I cannot stop eating. What do I do against that "I've already eaten way too much, might as well go for another chocolate bar".

Thanks for your help...

Replies

• Hi, I completely understand where you are coming from completely and I don't think I have the answer unfortunately. I am a regular binge eater and at the moment struggle to stay on track for a whole day let alone a week or two.
    I will be keen to see if there are some useful suggestions to this one.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Logging helps. Especially if you can log beforehand on what you think your binge will be like.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 217 Member
    If it truly is a problem, you need to seek help, therapist. if it is only every once in a while, once or twice a month, that is not truly a binge problem. I think most "normal" people "binge" or overeat a couple times a month. A binge problem is more like 5+ times a month.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Log it after the fact. Never pretend it didn't happen. Allow yourself to look back on it when you are in a cool frame of mind so that you can say "I don't want to do that again". Logging everything after the fact also allows you to realistically access how much impact it will have on your weight-loss, rather than making you panic and feel tempted to give up.

It is also embarrassing to log a binge when you have an open diary. Let this social pressure work for you and act as a deterrent. I often make different choices when I remind myself how it must look to anyone looking at my diary.