Less about weight, more about happiness

Options
Hello everybody,

It's great to find so many who are enthusiastic about food, fitness, and lifestyle. I'll have to admit I joined myfitnesspal in a very negative phase of my life, where I continually tried to limit my calorie intake as much as possible.

I've never had a serious weight problem. I've always been what most people consider slim, 5ft.4. and weighing 130 lbs heaviest. But a few years back, because of certain life events that led me to depression and extreme feelings of helplessness and loneliness, I started becoming obsessed with losing weight and formed the mentality that food was a necessary evil in this world.

I'm happy to say that I caught myself before it got too serious, just when I was nearing 110 lbs., (though not without the help of others, particularly a loving boyfriend). Even after years, however, I still struggle with binge eating and think about food far more than I'd like.

I'm now at what I consider a good weight for me. Because of my relatively active life style and (usually) healthy eating, I don't have to worry too much about weight gain. What I do wish for, however, is a constructive, peaceful relationship with food. To enjoy my food without guilt, to eat when I'm hungry and stop when satisfied, and to be able to take pleasure in other activities without food on my mind.

Can any of you relate?

I look forward to your replies, hearing your stories, and sharing tips!

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are working on your relationship with food and know that guilt shouldn't accompany eating.
    I think many people on MFP can relate, I came here to learn some patterns of behavior that I can continue forever, and have learned a great deal to improve my mental outlook on food. You will find a lot of support if you ask for it. Best of luck and continued progress.