I hope one day, gaining weight WILL be a problem for me.

Options
I gain weight easily and I just came to say I wish I had your gift. The gift to eat and eat but struggle to gain weight. Oh the things I would eat if only I had this gift!!!

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep! You ll get older!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Many people don't consider it a gift; it can be a lifetime struggle for some. Just like for others it's a lifetime struggle to lose weight.
  • stupid_in_the_street
    Options
    Instead, I hope that one day you have neither problem. I think that if one day it became a 'problem' for you, you would not be calling it a gift.
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My friend has that problem of not being able to gain weight & she gets very depressed about it. A lot of ppl have issues with their body they're just different kinds of problems
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I gain weight easily and I just came to say I wish I had your gift. The gift to eat and eat but struggle to gain weight. Oh the things I would eat if only I had this gift!!!

Not sure I would call any of the numerous problems/illnesses that can cause low appetite/low weights a gift. Not to mention that some people feel it's OK to comment on the bodies of thin people when they would never dream of commenting on how fat someone's gotten.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Instead, I hope that one day you have neither problem. I think that if one day it became a 'problem' for you, you would not be calling it a gift.

EXACTLY.

OP: this thread is off the mark.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Many people have life threatening health issues directly relating to being underweight.

So, no, it's no gift. :(
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I think you're assuming an awful lot for people that struggle with gaining weight. It's a two way street.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Not to mention that some people feel it's OK to comment on the bodies of thin people when they would never dream of commenting on how fat someone's gotten.

Actually, the latter happens too, though it comes from people who know they're being jerks and just don't care.

And yeah, while I don't enjoy struggling to lose weight, I wouldn't want to struggle to gain weight, either.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    What is this? Some people on this board really find it a struggle to gain weight, or are recovering from eating disorders. Some of us are bulking/gaining muscle and made the choice to gain.
  • kbakhtawar69
    kbakhtawar69 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    They just have a fast metabolism. Boost your metabolism by drinking green tea three times a day. Morning, 30 minutes to an hour after lunch, and before bed. Avoid junk food and over-eating, and you won't even need to exercise to lose weight! I lost 5 kg by doing this before I joined MFP
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    They just have a fast metabolism. Boost your metabolism by drinking green tea three times a day. Morning, 30 minutes to an hour after lunch, and before bed. Avoid junk food and over-eating, and you won't even need to exercise to lose weight! I lost 5 kg by doing this before I joined MFP

None of this is true.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Hopefully a little more time on MFP will help you realize that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Probably not, though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

this is not correct...
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have looked at comments in this section before and for a long time I honestly did not understand its connection to MFP given that most of us here are looking to lose weight . . . then something happened! I lost weight, almost made it to my goal (actually goal #3 - from 244 to 175, then 150, then 144), going from a size 20/22 to a 2/4 has been an adventure. One thing I learned was that even though I may look good to others I felt like I looked my best around a size 10 around 165. I considered trying to get back that size but how do you really gain weight while trying to be healthy and fit?

So now I have a totally different view of this section and I can imagine the ups and downs people who are trying to gain weight go through just as us who are trying to lose weight go through many phases. No envy - just empathy!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

FALSE
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I have looked at comments in this section before and for a long time I honestly did not understand its connection to MFP given that most of us here are looking to lose weight . . . then something happened! I lost weight, almost made it to my goal (actually goal #3 - from 244 to 175, then 150, then 144), going from a size 20/22 to a 2/4 has been an adventure. One thing I learned was that even though I may look good to others I felt like I looked my best around a size 10 around 165. I considered trying to get back that size but how do you really gain weight while trying to be healthy and fit?

MFP is just a calorie tracker, and the basic principles of weight manipulation are the same whether you're trying to lose, gain or maintain. If you want to gain in a way that is healthy: go slowly, track your intake, and do resistance exercise (if you want some of what you gain back to be muscle).
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's harder for my colleague to gain weight than it is for me to loose it, she eat as much as she can to stay a size 28, she eats like her life depends on it, sooooo depressing, since I met her I consider my body's ability to gain and loose a "gift"!
  • silverstormborn
    silverstormborn Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    futuremilf2015, I don't think you mean to rub people up the wrong way however, you are, & you have no idea what you're implying.

I hope you don't have what I've been going through for my entire life. I hope you don't have anorexia & live out your days in solitude, depressed, & rushing to A&E at all hours of the night with anxiety. I cry for a good majority of the day, & it's not a little tear here & there, I'm crying out helplessly, in desperation to gain weight so that I might actually be given a chance to live a healthy life for once.

My life consists of therapy, dietians, countless doctor appointments, blood tests every week, switching from medication to medication because I'm either lacking in something or my immune system is so weak I get sick easily. I don't have the energy to do much else, so these are currently the highlights of my days, for the past 12 years.

You're taking what you have for granted. You should be grateful you have your health. That eating comes naturally to you, & that you have the ability to go to a gym & lose as much as you want - or not! at least you have fat to convert into muscle mass.