Fall Racers (Week 1)

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
Sorry it has taken me a week to get this started. We had unexpected guests staying with us which through me off track! For those of you already in the group I am excited! For those of you who are new. We are all training for a race this fall. Some first timers,some not. Just here to support each others training!

I had my first "long run" Saturday which wasn't really too far for me yet (6 miles) although I had a stomach ache kind of from the start. It went okay though. Did some hiking yesterday for my cross training and ran 6 miles again today! It is SO HOT. Thats the hardest part for me. 97 today. ran at 9 am and its still so hot!

How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• choran
    choran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My week was ok. I have been carrying a bit of a foot injury for a couple of weeks that I am ignoring but it is not going away and I am afraid that if I keep going it is going to get really bad. I know I should stop for a couple of days at least but I really hate not running!!!! Also I have a half marathon Sunday week and I don’t want to rest before then!

My week:
    Monday: 13.11km 1 hour 12 minutes
    Tuesday: 10km 54 minutes
    Wednesday: 11.58km 1 hour
    Thursday: Rest Day
    Friday: 13km 1 hour 9 minutes
    Saturday: 23.5km 2 hours 1 minute
    Sunday: 10km 52 minutes
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hi,

My week was ok. I have been carrying a bit of a foot injury for a couple of weeks that I am ignoring but it is not going away and I am afraid that if I keep going it is going to get really bad. I know I should stop for a couple of days at least but I really hate not running!!!! Also I have a half marathon Sunday week and I don’t want to rest before then!

My week:
    Monday: 13.11km 1 hour 12 minutes
    Tuesday: 10km 54 minutes
    Wednesday: 11.58km 1 hour
    Thursday: Rest Day
    Friday: 13km 1 hour 9 minutes
    Saturday: 23.5km 2 hours 1 minute
    Sunday: 10km 52 minutes

uh oh, i hate injuries! Be careful!
    My week looks like this
    Monday: 6 miles (Done... it was so HOT)
    Tuesday: 3 miles
    Wenesday: 4 miles
    Thursday: 3 miles
    Friday: Rest Day
    Saturday: 7 Miles
    Sunday: Cross training.
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have had a bad weekend, I am hoping to go for a run this evening but we will see. I ran on Thursday but it was only 4.5 miles, so I am due for a long run. Hopefully my shin splints will have calmed down because they have really been holding me back from running farther and faster.

Jen
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    whats this about racing?? is this a virtual or an actual one?
  • AnneElise
    Options
    whats this about racing?? is this a virtual or an actual one?

actual. We are starting a support group for people running races this fall. example: I am running the Detroit Marathon in October.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hello,

I have had a bad weekend, I am hoping to go for a run this evening but we will see. I ran on Thursday but it was only 4.5 miles, so I am due for a long run. Hopefully my shin splints will have calmed down because they have really been holding me back from running farther and faster.

Jen

Hey Jen, Sorry about your shin splits :C They can really hurt!
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anne: Your week looks good! I might look into that plan. The one I am following is for beginner runners (which I am, but it's pretty basic)
    Jen: Do you know any good stretches to help/prevent shin splints? I have a couple if you are looking!

Hey runners! :) After a rough weekend of eating and little exercise, I felt horrible! It was my younger brother's graduation party so we had lots of family here and LOTS of food. Oh well. I am done dwelling on it.

I had planned to get up and run before work...but didn't. I walked to work and pumped myself up for a run after work. Went 4miles (a little under 40 mins) and it felt great. Nice breeze and a little rain sprinkles:). Ready to start the week. I rest on Tuesdays/Sundays so I won't be running today.

Happy Running!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    feeling tired tonight. not excited about tommorows run.
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Was supposed to do a run monday but then had to work over so missed that one.

Tuesday - 5.31 miles, really pleased with this run average pace was 9.25 per mile, my pace seems to have got a lot better since i have lost weight.

Wednesday - hopefully a run, but will probably have to work over again.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Was supposed to do a run monday but then had to work over so missed that one.

Tuesday - 5.31 miles, really pleased with this run average pace was 9.25 per mile, my pace seems to have got a lot better since i have lost weight.

Wednesday - hopefully a run, but will probably have to work over again.

wow, great pace! I really need to get my pace faster as well. congrats!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    hi was going to post last night (thursday) but completely forgot in the end.

done a 5.44 mile was good to start with but then felt halfway as if i had no energy in me, i think that was due to me getting up at 4.45am to take hubby and son to bus station for their 5.30am bus to Wimbledon Tennis, and also i know i didnt drink enough water either.

average pace was at 9.48 min mile, so i suppose i cant grumble as at least i am now managing to keep the pace under 10min mile.

have a 10mile run to do with running club in 2 weeks time, so really need to get out more and put in more mileage
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Hi-I did my first half in April..I am doing a 5.2 mile tomorrow...I would like to run a marathon in November;)
  • dp_medic
    dp_medic Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey think about hitting a good spin class on your lite days and give your foot some time without getting out of the arobic work.
  • dp_medic
    dp_medic Posts: 2
    Options
    OK I am a pretty new runner. I see most of you are getting ready for marathons and 1/2s. I am just at the beginning of 10K prep. All in all it isn't to bad. I usally run 3-4 days a week and spin at least one day. (now that it is so hot spin is sometimes 2 days/wk)

So anyway I'm out here too and glad to see that there are more runners out there.

Saw a couple posts about shin splints Runner's World has a good article this month or last I'll see if I can find it for you guys
  • AnneElise
    Options
    hi was going to post last night (thursday) but completely forgot in the end.

done a 5.44 mile was good to start with but then felt halfway as if i had no energy in me, i think that was due to me getting up at 4.45am to take hubby and son to bus station for their 5.30am bus to Wimbledon Tennis, and also i know i didnt drink enough water either.

average pace was at 9.48 min mile, so i suppose i cant grumble as at least i am now managing to keep the pace under 10min mile.

have a 10mile run to do with running club in 2 weeks time, so really need to get out more and put in more mileage

10 minute mile is good!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hi-I did my first half in April..I am doing a 5.2 mile tomorrow...I would like to run a marathon in November;)

join us! we are just trying to support each others training!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    OK I am a pretty new runner. I see most of you are getting ready for marathons and 1/2s. I am just at the beginning of 10K prep. All in all it isn't to bad. I usally run 3-4 days a week and spin at least one day. (now that it is so hot spin is sometimes 2 days/wk)

So anyway I'm out here too and glad to see that there are more runners out there.

Saw a couple posts about shin splints Runner's World has a good article this month or last I'll see if I can find it for you guys

a 10K is a great place to start!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm doing a 1/2 marathon in the fall. I did one two years ago and am excited to do another. I am hoping that from there I can do a 30km race and then go to a full marathon but for now I will concentrate on the 1/2!! I started my week out great with running but then my son caught chicken pox (even after he was vaccinated) and my twin girls have had fevers so I have missed 3 days. At least my husband is home tomorrow. I need to do an 8km run and a 5km tempo run this weekend and cannot wait!
    Kim
  • AnneElise
    Options
    7 Miles this morning... not into it :C GOING TO RUN THOUGH!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    i did my 5.2 mile race today...my time last year was 54+ and my goal this year was 47....I did it in under 45 minutes..somewhere between 44.34 and 44.43....will know once the posts goes up!