Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy thank you for taking the time to say all of that. I won't give up. I've been at it for over a year now consistently. It's just hard right now because I've lost progress that I made due to a couple of short lived pregnancies and so emotionally, it's taxing and then I just feel like I felt when I started, which is crazy obsessive over it all. I'll feel better when I get back down to where I was and I don't know if it's helping the state of mind that I have the pressure of this diet bet. Instead of it feeling motivating, it feels stressful right now.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! It's been days since I've posted - my desk has been wild this week! My boss just left for Nashville this morning, so I had time to breath and catch up on the posts - I'm way behind!

Gem - nice new fridge! Looks great, now just fill it up with fruit and veggies! :) That is exciting you got your wedding bands already. We had a small wedding, got married on a Wed afternoon between Christmas and New Year's, with 50 people there. It was awesome, no stress and inexpensive. We bought a house instead of having a big wedding, but truthfully I wasn't a big wedding person anyway. Whatever you choose will be amazing!

Jane - I think that's awesome you might have another baby. Like my grandma said "love multiplies", so if you are blessed with another one, there's more than enough love for both of your kids. And don't feel like a bad mom!! a 3 hour commute would make any one of us snap!

Jen - Glad your daughter is feeling better, it will take time to make new best friends, but she will! And nice she got that offer because she's been doing so well in school! Proud mama!

Kelly - nice to meet you and know your real name now. :) I love pizza and wine too, they are definitely my downfall. Yikes! I've got a few of those Biggest Loser DVD's too, haven't done one in a while. I told my hubs to do one that other day because he started snoring again (which means he's gained!) LOL! I'm sure he was thinking oh that's rich, fluffy over here telling me to work out more! haha!! yes i'm a bit fluffy, but I'm trying!

Rachel - my anniversary dinner was awesome, sounds like yours was too! I am totally with you on the weekend derailing, what is up with us right now?! Sounds like that 6 week challenge will do the trick for you. i'm going to look up that summer body challenge that was mentioned here... maybe that will kick me into gear.

I've been thinking about my goals, and trying to figure out why I'm not succeeding like I did before on MFP. The biggst thing is because I'm not logging everything. I log breakfast, lunch and snacks, then I get home and things go to pot! So one goal is meal planning healthy meals. I upped my cals to 1600/day for now, I think I've been feeling restricted after the holidays and then blow everything out of the water. Speaking of water, that is another goal this week, hydration, hydration, hydration!!!

Do you guys every wonder really how accurate the exercise cals are? I decided that for a week I'm going to trial entering my exercise as 1 calorie and see how I feel. I think sometimes I give myself more leeway with food intake because of my exercise cals... If I've done some exercise, I am not going to worry about going over my calories too much, but I just want to see if it changes anything for me.

Anyway, happy hump day!! Going to the gym after work to sweat!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    09232jn0d9t7.jpg
  • kaavery120188
    kaavery120188 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 welcome back! Very quiet around here today so I have some time to reply! yay! The exercise calories are TOTALLY crazy and inaccurate, in my opinion. I try to use the "calories burned" feature on my fit bit. I just look at the number before and after and subtract. I used to wear a timex heart rate monitor with a chest strap that is supposed to be really accurate, but I feel like my fit bit works just as well and is not as burdensome. I know a lot of people do the one calorie thing. I would definitely try that and see how it works for you.

@missjazminenicole don't be too hard on yourself. Some days are just harder than others. I totally agree with what was said above. I weigh myself daily (because that's what works for me) and my weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds depending on how much salt I had, water I had, if I had a bowel movement, etc. And it's is ESPECIALLY crazy when it's my TOM. It sounds like you have your head in the game and you know what you need to do, so just keep hustling. I know one thing that helps me when I'm feeling a little out of it mentally is meditation. I never thought I would really be into it, and I'm not an expert by any means, but sometimes I just take 5 minutes a day to listen to the silence and listen to my body. Then I might take a few more minutes to think through what is stressing me out and try and look at it from different perspectives. Keep your chin up, you can do this!

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    [Reply Edited By MyFitnessPal Moderator]
    Gem: We should do challenges… Youguys can ride me when I don’t hit my goal then! ;) Love the new fridge!! How exciting!!

Melanie: Thanks for the info about the Crystal Light! =) Sorry to hear the injury has been a pain in the kitten! So nice to have a hubby that doesn’t mind cooking! Our rule is first one home gets to cook and my hours changed a while back so he beats me home everyday… He has done an amazing job and even signed up for Pinterest and added things to the Dinner board quite often! Too funny… I want to move to Durango!! That’s my destination! And after all the talk about Colorado… I am vacationing there this summer! Going for a week! I can’t wait! And Yellowstone is amazing!!! I’ve been there 3x!! And I would go again!

Jen1977: Love the tats!!! Very cool!! If I ever get one, I choose the feet! I just love them on feet!

Brown Eyes: I added you on Fitbit!

Janetay: Nice loss!!! Keep it up girl! We all have those days! Hope last night went better!! I agree pre-logging is awesome… I need to do more of it!

Jdelaroy: Way to step girl!!! Yay! And nice loss! Great weekend!! Hope you have a better day today! Those damn sunflower seeds! Rachel is right… could have been Girl Scout Cookies! ;) Awesome reason to brag on the kiddo! That’s a such a great feeling! We don’t always feel like we did a great job but we must be doing something right! ;)

Welcome Kballard!

Rachel: Good to know about the lactic acid… Thanks! Glad you had a great date night and a wonderful weekend! I think I need to step on the GoT train… sounds like a great show! Sounds like a great time with co-workers and a trainer! Awesome!

JenHul: Best of luck with the Challenge! You will rock it!!

Kelly: A meat or cheese raffle is usually in a bar, they have them just to draw in customers… The bar buys a bunch of meat or cheese and sells 12-15 paddles for $1 each round. Then they pick a winner and the winner goes up and picks one piece or meat or cheese and they repeat this cycle until it is all gone. Some do money rounds or sell bigger packages for $2 rounds… it’s totally up to the bar having the meat raffle. It’s fun whether you win or not… but usually if you have a large group, someone at your table will win! I love pizza… one of my weekend failures always! LOL!

Welcome Maritill! Never too late to join us!!

Tazzy: Way to go on 2 more lbs!! You rock girl! Weird… my brother had brain surgery (not due to cancer) last February too. It is very stressful! He had an Acoustic Neuroma tumor. Love the pita bread idea… I have totally spaced doing that!

Joy: I’m a bit fluffy too! Love that description! Glad you had a great anniversary!! I bought a heart rate monitor to help me with the calorie burn. That way I feel a little better about the calories for specific exercises.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So I've been away... Long weekend and a sick kiddo! Friday night Lexi and I just hung out and had a One Tree Hill marathon... Saturday morning we hit the gym together and she pushed me extra hard! Felt great!! Then we headed to WI Dells for waterpark fun for the evening. I relaxed in the hot tub and by the pool with a good book most of the night while Lexi and her friend had a blast! We stayed until close and drove home. Slept in. Hit the gym Sunday and then she got sick. =( Monday I stayed home with her and the roads were crap (freezing rain!) so I went to the basement on the elliptical. My driveway is a skating rink! Tuesday she was still feeling icky and school was canceled. Thank God, it is finals week and I hated to see her suffer through her finals sick. She's feeling better today and had her first two tests. Said they went well and is now sleeping or so she says! I did manage a 2nd elliptical workout yesterday but time to hit the gym and get in some other stuff! My eating has been alright, nothing special and my workouts seem to follow that path! I was kind of sore after Sat. morning. I need to take that kid with me more often! I can't let her show up her ol' mom! Hope you all are having a great week!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This is me in WISCONSIN!!! =)
    x8ubqceo0qec.gif
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    k7ajkcaljulk.jpg

My diy pitta pizza and homemade oven chips. It was yum! And that was just half the pizza! All for about 500 calories.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 I love the dog sliding!! :D I assume Bentley is not venturing out for a skate!!?!!
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm from the U.S. Midwestern gal :) I had lost 42 lbs about a year ago on MFP and then I hit a plateau and couldn't seem to lose, after continuous attempts I had given up and now have gained 15 lbs back :( SO I'm back and hoping to lose another 70 lbs and actually hit my goal this time around and not give up.... Trying to really find something that will work for me. I have a new job now so I can focus less on financial stress and more on my health. I'm also 27 and hoping for a wedding in the next couple years!!! (the talk has been happening) I use a Garmin also to track my steps. Open for new friends!
  • sherilynca
    sherilynca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sherri, from Peterborough, Ontario Canada, 50 years old and have many pounds to lose. Just getting started. Any motivation you want to send my way, please do :)
  • dulsysaylor
    dulsysaylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to join you .You all seam to have some great ideas.I started out last year just doing yoga for arthritis and have moved up to walking for 1 hr very day and weight training every other day.Also eating a clean diet .I was using a walker 3 years ago and I'm getting stronger all the time.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    k7ajkcaljulk.jpg

My diy pitta pizza and homemade oven chips. It was yum! And that was just half the pizza! All for about 500 calories.

I've made Pita Pizzas before too they are so good and easy!!

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 - we all have those days. I slipped up yesterday with bread and butter pudding - it destroyed my numbers for the day but it was so good! Not long to go now until your break - sounds like you've got a nice week planned.

@dulsysaylor, @sherilynca and @kristinak48 - welcome!

@tazzy2911 - that Pitta Pizza looks delicious, and home made chips as well - yum!

Shy - good for you and Lexi getting that workout in. Don't let her beat you girl! Hope she is feeling better and that her finals are going ok.

Joy - I get my exercise cals from wearing a heart rate monitor so I've always hoped that they are fairly accurate but I'm never sure. I think it is working for me right now although I definitely suffer from the problem of more leeway calories when I work out - I think I see them all for eating back and that is a mindset that I need to get out of.

@missjazminenicole - not much to add that the others haven't already said other than stick with it, these things do take time. You seem to be doing all the right things so don't be too hard on yourself.

@kaavery120188 - ha, I'm with you - the brushing my teeth theory has never worked, if I snack, I'll just brush them again last thing before I go to bed! Busy is good - I'm making a blanket for Alistair and having been really good doing a bit each night, lost track a bit through christmas and new year. Now I'm back into that, it may be easier to distract myself. Everybody keeps talking about Game of Thrones - I'm clearly missing out here. I keep meaning to download the first couple of episodes and watch them - maybe something to add to my watchlist for when I'm on the cross trainer.

Rachel - hope you are feeling better today. As the others have said, you are beautiful and hardworking and you will make it through. Well done for joining the challenge at work and hope that you made it to yoga.

Jen - that's really great news for your daughter, so good to see reward when so much hard work is put in. Well done for getting some you time - I never realised how it makes such a difference.

So, yesterdays diary was a bit of a bust with the above mentioned bread and butter pudding - but I don't care, I'm not going to live my life never going over and eating nice things! I've got my workout in this morning and I'm back on track today. We've always struggled to eat supper at a sensible early time of the day but it was a quick make last night so with a bit of forward planning, we managed to eat with Alistair before he went to bed. And I'm figuring I can do the same with the meals tonight and tomorrow as well - it makes such a difference to come downstairs at about 7.30 and not have to worry about cooking, the evening suddenly feels so much longer! Have a great day all :)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @bluepopppies777 Yeah I have read a lot that the calories for exercise are way off. I try not to eat back my calories, and only log them about half the time. I like entering them in for 1 calorie. It cracks me up when I go to the gym. The treadmill will give me a really low calorie count, my Fitbit will give me a much higher calorie count, and then MFP is somewhere in the middle of the two. So, I never know which one to believe.

@shycush6 Thank you. I am proud as punch. That is great that your daughter motivates you to work harder at the gym. Glad you got her a membership. What part of CO are you going to visit? It would be a blast to meet up sometime while you are here. Don’t worry if you can’t, I completely understand. Send me a Fitbit challenge any time and I will try and kick your butt.

@kristinak48 Welcome back. Getting healthier is a journey and there will be times that your scale isn’t showing progress, that is when you need to focus on the other changes your body is showing. Take measurements of your body, write down how healthy you are feeling, what kind of physical things you can accomplish. Then when you hit a plateau you can compare where you are now, to where you started. The changes you see might be enough to keep you going. Also check out the success stories thread, and the motivation thread. Plus we are always here too.

@sherilynca Hi Sherri welcome and good luck. Read what I wrote to Kristinak48 above.

@dulsysayor welcome and what a great job. My MIL uses a walker, and I can’t hardly get her to get up and move. Then she complains we don’t take her anywhere and that she is bored all the time. We keep telling her if she wants to go places, she needs to start getting strong enough to walk further than the kitchen to the living room. I finally convinced her Doctor to get her some physical therapy. She listens more to her therapist than to me and her son.

@gemwolf110 Hang in there girl you can make it to the weekend. 8 days of no work, sounds wonderful! I am counting the days, as the BF and I are going away for the weekend. :P

@janetay01 Bread and pudding sounds yummy delicious and you are right, no need to feel bad. We all need to indulge occasionally. Since I started losing weight I cook so much more. I have fallen in love with my slow cooker (Crock pot), and my electrical skillet. I love with the slow cooker, I throw things in and forget about it. Come home from work, and it is ready to go, just have to throw some sides together. The electric skillet allows me to cook more at one time, and seems to cook faster. I cook dinner for 6 people 4-5 night a week.

I have been working on my endurance for running, I hit 20 minutes of not stopping. Today my legs are killing me. I am so proud of my soreness. I know I am weird. Last night the BF was going to BBQ ribs, however he wasn’t going to get home until 6, which means dinner wouldn’t have been ready until 7, kids go to bed at 8, plus we were supposed to take his mom shopping. This would have been a long evening. So I suggested he pick up fast food. He decided on Wendy’s and I had been craving a cheeseburger. He ordered me a bacon cheeseburger. This would have been fine, but they made them double instead. Normally not a big deal. I figured I would eat half and be done. Before I knew it I had eaten the whole thing, half of the French fries and drank half a lemonade. I logged the calories, and was blown away I went over by 500 calories. Had I only eaten half the burger, and didn’t drink the lemonade I would have been fine. We all have a bad night, I am not horribly upset about that, but once I saw that I decided to say “kitten” it and ate some GS cookies. Darn it. That is the first time in a long time that I have gone over maintenance calories. I guess I have to work harder today. I am not mad about it, but my stomach sure is hating me today. It has been so long since I have had a cheeseburger from a fast food place, my stomach didn’t like it at all. In other news I am counting down the hours until I leave for Winter Park. I plan on taking it easy, not logging, and not really checking in.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy - What is in Winter Park, you probably have all ready said it...sorry

Well, this is the last day that I can claim to be "in my 30's" Hit the big 40 tomorrow....UGH!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @pudgy1977 Winter Park is a ski town in the CO mountains. I just turned 40 myself. I told everyone in my family I got myself a 40lb weight loss for my birthday. I lost about 42 pounds over the last year. I am at 45 now, aiming for 50 now.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    @pudgy1977 Winter Park is a ski town in the CO mountains. I just turned 40 myself. I told everyone in my family I got myself a 40lb weight loss for my birthday. I lost about 42 pounds over the last year. I am at 45 now, aiming for 50 now.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Thank you for your incredibly kind words! I'm sorry yesterday ended up being a rough day for you. I don't think I would have had the willpower to cut a burger in half either! I tend to do the same thing where once I go over, willpower is out the window. So frustrating! Great job on your endurance training though, that's awesome!

@kaavery120188 Thank you! We'll have to compare ideas for staying on track over the weekends lol.

@missjasminenicole The scale is always going to fluctuate day to day. I'd recommend moving to weighing once a week to even once a month. That way you won't get bogged down in water weight, lactic acid, etc.

@bluepoppies777 I don't trust the exercise calories at all. I typically set a daily calorie goal and stick to it so that my exercise does not necessarily influence my daily intake, just my weekly. Keep us posted on how the summer challenge goes!

@pudgy1977 Happy last day in your 30s! Any exciting plans?

@janetay01 Thank you! I agree, I have a heck of a time trying to cook at night when I'm already hungry. I tend to prep everything over the weekend so it only needs a quick re-heat during the week.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the upcoming week off! You definitely earned it!

Welcome @kristinak48, @sherilynca , and @dulsysaylor ! Glad to have you in the group!

@ShyCush6 LOL I love the dog meme! That's how I feel in MN too. So glad your daughter was able to stay home and rest!

@tazzy2911 That looks delicious!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Today is definitely better. I got up early, curled my hair, put on a cute dress and heels, and am ready to tackle the day!

It helps that between yoga and pole dancing I can feel the burn from all the activity yesterday so I'm feeling much less like a slug. I still haven't been able to climb the pole yet but I can tell I'm making progress!

Work is going to be insane today since I've got an all day training tomorrow. I hope you all have fantastic days!