Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 I loved yoga when I took it in the past. I wish my gym had more reasonable class times. Their only classes for yoga are when I am in work. :( I usually just do a video, when I can get motivated to do it. Have to do it in the living room, so the mom is there. You have been going so hard for a long time, I am sure the lack of enthusiasm is a combination of weather and your body forcing you to rest. As to derby, hard to be excited when you are thinking it is ending soon.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy, so sorry for your bad day. That sounds very stressful. Hope things got better since then. We all have days like that too.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Jen - so sorry to hear about your horrible weekend - sounds like everyone and everything was against you. How old are your younger kids? I dread the days when Alistair is old enough for all that stuff and I have to figure out the right way to deal with everything. Hope yesterday treated you better :)

Rachel - as Jen says, you have been going a long time, perhaps it's just a hint to ease off for a few days - you could eat at maintenance for a week and just recharge your batteries. When will you find out if derby is going to continue or not?

@dlh63 and @Whatelseisthere2lose - come back here and post as often as you can, we are a good bunch!!

@kasey39 - I'm not sure I could skate safely without any distractions, let alone whilst texting! It does scare me how attached so many people are to their phones these days - me included. I am consciously trying to scale my use back - I don't want my little boy growing up thinking that it is normal to be glued to a mobile and it's not as if I'm doing anything important when I'm fiddling with it. Well done for not eating too much of the pizza :)

@CallaLilyNess - lovely cats :) Hope you are feeling better after the flu!

Not much to report here. Got home yesterday and husband was in a grump - never did really find out why. But the result was that by about 9pm I was in a grump to so a fairly average end to the day! Got to do better today - sun is shining and I've got a container for the garden with a load of plants to put in it so will finish work a little early and sort that out I think. Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Thanks guys. Monday was way better. Thank God! Hoping the trend continues. (Can it be a trend if it is just one day?)

@janetay01 My kids ages: Miss Sassy Pants is 6, Little man is 7 (Will be 8 end of May) My eldest is 17. They were on their best behavior last night. They dislike being grounded. You are doing great with your son, I am sure you will handle it just as well in the future as you do now. Just remember each child is different, and different things work for each one.

@kasey39 My oldest has had a phone since she was 12. (my mom gave her her old one, and pays for the service.) She knows when we are out doing family things she can't be on it. We also do a no tech day at least once a week. My little ones love their tablets they got. On Saturdays, we do no tv's, no computers, no tablets, and no phone. We are allowed to turn on the radio though. I also try and limit the kids time on their tablets to less than 2 hours on any given day. They don't really get to watch tv often.

@CallaLilyNess Cute Cats ( I am not a feline fan.) I don't mind them, will even pet them, but no interest in owning one. (This stems from when I was 5, I had a pet cat who killed my pet bird. )

Yesterday was a good emotional day, the kids were well behaved. However, the bf was at home all day, and when I got home, he wanted to play video games and eat junk food. I don't get a chance to veg out with him too much. So I jumped in, played games and snacked right along with him. No regrets. I didn't stay under calories, and the scale is showing a 2 pound gain. I just smiled this morning when I saw the "gain" knowing most of it was water gain, and that time of my cycle. I made the choice to enjoy myself with the BF and not worry about it. Today is a new day, and back at calorie counting.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Glad you were able to have a fun night with the BF! Agreed that most of that is likely water weight. Moderation is key in all things, even moderation ;) Thank you for the pep talk, you're right, I was pushing myself pretty hard last month so easing off for a weekend isn't a bad thing

@janetay01 I probably won't find out until after July (when our trainer is moving). I'm going to keep going with it until it's dead, but it's hard to motivate myself sometimes when I think it's slowly disintegrating. Sorry your husband was in a grumpy mood. My SO's mood has been closely tracking with mine so I totally relate to how a grump can bring down a whole household

So I'm feeling a lot better today. Instead of forcing myself to go to derby, I instead took my dog on a 5.5 mile walk since the sun was out (finally!) and I fully enjoyed my lunchtime yoga class. I was able to pack for my night away tonight (going up to the state capital for lobby day!) and get to bed early which I definitely needed.

This morning I woke up refreshed and got a 35 minute BeachBody strength workout in so my muscles are good and sore! A lower impact day was exactly what I needed yesterday to refresh my tank. I probably won't have time to post tomorrow, but I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday to catch up!

• hallowe
    hallowe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I recently started going back to the gym and reworking what I eat so I could seriously get in shape to hike this spring and summer (hopefully fall too!). I noticed my first month back I was super stoked and had all the motivation in the world. I hit the gym about 4 days a week (2 of them were group classes which helped tremendously with support) and I cleaned up my bad eating habits. It was a struggle at first but by the end of the first week I had already felt better and had more energy. I lost 8 lbs. of fat the first month (woo-hoo!). I'm almost done with month #2 and Ive made some poor eating choices but have noticed I am extremely tired (physically and mentally) more often than I was the first month. This is leading to decreased motivation. I'm getting enough sleep, taking vitamins, and still eating roughly the same amount of calories I did in the first month. Not sure if it is just my body adjusting still or if maybe I am lacking some key nutrient. The only real difference I know of is that my allergies are more severe this month than last and maybe this is causing the additional tiredness? Let me know your thoughts! :)
  • kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm finishing up my 2nd month...so tired, getting hungrier, and I don't feel like I have much to show for it! Thyroid may be part of my issue but I did wonder if my body's going through an adjustment period.
  • hallowe
    hallowe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just keep pushing through it because I feel like if it took me 30 years for my body to get this way it's obviously going to take more than 2 months to get it in shape lol.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been sick since last Friday. sore throat & extra tired so have been eating a little more, just to maintenance. I just needed an extra meal after dinner. the hardest for me is not feeling up to being very active. Staying home too much always makes me feel depressed too. I do take my dogs out no matter what. This morning I took all 6 of them (I leave the 2 little ones at home on cold days). It was a beautiful day, weather wise , very relaxing today, no drama & not too many dogs which was so good for April, our latest little 8 lb to get used to it. So today I do feel better & getting back on track. hallowe, for me, before mfp, my stomach was so used to feeling full. It was hard to get used to it feeling a little empty so I started having snacks in between which helped. Now a days, when I feel run down, the first thing I crave is to feel full. Drinking hot cups of tea helps me & my go to snack is low fat waffle, 1/2 tbl each of P butter & jam with the hot tea also keeping busy in the afternoon.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome all newbies! Post often!

Jdelaroy: Great job on onederland! How awesome! Sorry the kiddos and issues gave ya hell over the weekend. Sounds like you need a relaxing me day! Hope things gets better! Way to brush it off and enjoy your life.. you have to do that sometimes!!

Kasey: Sodium is a killer… good job recognizing the problem! Doritos… yum!

Joy: My Badgers deflated me Friday! LOL! What a game! And yes.. those damn snacks!! Ugh!! Glad my ice cream, donut and beer all fit in to my weekend without too bad of repercussion… Still down 11.5… Woot! Woot! Hope your house guests didn’t drive you too nuts and you are back to a normal household by now! Love the memes!! I need to check out Cinderella… that sounds awesome! Right up my alley! Wine stopper… pffffh!

Janetay: So sad to hear about London… what a crazy world we live in. Glad you and your loved ones were not impacted… Hope you have a better day tomorrow! No grumpiness!

Rachel: Love the meme! Hope the malaise has rubbed off.. you seem to really enjoy all your fun workouts and I am sure it will come back! Hard to get going but once you do… you are on a roll! Glad you had a wonderfully lazy weekend and are back to energetic Rachel today!!

CallaLily: Hope you feel better… and the flu bug has left your house! Cute fur babies!

Eva: Sorry you’ve been sick.. but glad you are feeling better! And always helps to have a nice sunshine day to walk the dogs!

Hey ladies! Had a wonderful weekend… I was naughty and it was filled with donuts, beer and ice cream… wth! No mani Thursday as Lexi was informed she can’t have her nails done at work… so that was disappointing.. Glad to see everyone during our time out of town. Wish my Badgers would’ve done just a touch better Friday but what a game! Holy Batman! I was wound tight when it got over at midnight and did not sleep good! I managed subway for one lunch… did ok on most meals out… it was the snacking that killed me! But I did manage to get in workouts both Monday and this morning! So right back on track! I weighed this morning and still 11.5 down… so no gain, no foul! Right?! Last night Lexi and Chad sat on the couch on either side of me eating ice cream… I might as well deal with it… I think since I had an ice cream fix this weekend, it actually helped! Dairy Queen Brownie Fudge Blizzard… OMG! Naughty! But seriously… I am feeling great!! I really know I am on a good track right now! Getting my haircut tomorrow! Yikes! Going way out of my comfort zone!! Kind of excited though! Have a girls weekend lined up this weekend… so that will be a blast! Looking forward to it! Happy Tuesday!!! My late night at work... blah!
  • corn_fed_farm_girl
    corn_fed_farm_girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to create a new life/style. Would you please add me to your core group?
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @rachel0778 Glad the break is helping you feel better. I also saw your post on the main feed. PCOS is a *kitten*. I have suffered with it for a long time. So, if you need someone to talk to about it let me know. Enjoy Lobby Day.

@hallowe I am sure allergies can play a huge part in motivation. No one feels great when their body isn’t working right. Plus if you are not getting the right nutrients for the work you are doing your body will let you know.

@kasey39 I have read a few posts on MFP about diet fatigue. A couple of posts suggest taking a break for about a week every 6-8 weeks to give your body a chance to relax. I know there are people who do it for physical and or mental breaks. I say if you decide to do this, just stay at maintenance for a week, and just do light exercise, unless you want to do more.

@evamutt sorry you have been sick. I comfort eat as well. Glad you are looking for healthier options, and other ways to prevent yourself from going overboard.

@shycush6 Great job resisting the second round of ice cream. Sometimes we all need ice cream and donuts in our life. Lexi got her job? Congrats! Sounds like she is growing up on you. Makes you want to hold on tight, and proud all at the same time.

@corn_fed_farm_girl Welcome to the group. There is no adding, just jump in and post as often as you like. We try to keep it positive, non-judgmental and as supportive as possible on this thread. There are some great and helpful threads under each topic, at the top of the page. They are closed but have great information. I also recommend checking out the success stories section. There are some great stories and inspiration over there.

I am not doing great this week with my food or exercise for that matter. I just want to eat everything in sight, and I mean everything. Add into that, I haven’t found the motivation to work. We have no heat at work, been crazy busy, the weather is cold and rainy so no wanting to walk at lunch. Kids are on spring break so no school walk. Get home and all I want to do is nothing. I was supposed to go for a long walk hike last weekend, and ended up not going because of the weather. Was supposed to go to the gym last night, BF was exhausted, and I can’t seem to make myself go on my own. We were also supposed to have a hooky day this week, but doesn’t look like we can pull it off and the weather is not going to be good either way. I think this is part of the reason I am losing motivation. Deep breath, it is a new day. Today I am going to stay under my calories, and I am going to go to the gym.

Not sure if I mentioned it or not but the gym I belong to, is going to do a weight loss competition. The winner gets $1500.00. I want to participate. They are doing it by %, I can do this. They are doing the info meeting tonight so I have to go.
    Happy Hump Day everyone!
  • kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've surprisingly been at the same weight 3 days in a row (give or take a tenth of a pound). That's the first time I haven't had a rollercoaster up or down, at least since I've been regularly paying attention. Hoping that means my body's adjusting, and I'll see a dip here soon. I'm only cautiously optimistic though!

@jdelaroy - thank you for the info on the diet fatigue. It's good to know there's actually a such thing, and it won't last forever!

There's been a lot of conversation in my office the last couple days about mountain biking, and it's making me really miss it. I need to get mine in and get it tuned up - hopefully I'll be back in shape enough to be able to start hitting some trails. It's been years (like 14 or so!) since I've done any mountain biking and I miss it! I wasn't very technical and didn't do super-difficult trails, but still loved every minute of it. I have a mental vision of bending the frame as soon as I sit on it though - haha!! :tongue:
  • isotoner
    isotoner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a while. I'm back to exercising this week. I have 3 days in so far. Yahoo!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Jdelaroy: So true… You love for your kids to spread their wings, but really wish they could cuddle with you a bit more!! Double edge sword! ;) Yay.. the competition sounds fun! Whatever motivates you!! Today is a new day and you got this! I so agree that weather comes into play a lot!! There are days you want to cuddle on the couch cause of crappy weather!

Kasey: You will be back on that bike in no time! Keep at it!! You got this!! Keep that optimism flowing!!

Hey ladies! So I got about a lb of hair cut off! Yeah! Let’s see if the scale reflects it! LOL! No exercise this morning… I did get in some yard work after work last night thogh… I like my morning workouts which give me time for that in the evening. But I’ll be at it tonight probably in the basement cuz I didn’t grab my gym clothes this morning. Plus it’s kind of crappy outside today anyway… Feels great getting my flower beds all cleaned out and seeing all the plants popping up! Well hope you all have a great day!!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I feel almost 100% from being sick! Had good morning at dog park then met a few ladies from dog park for lunch. I had a chicken fried steak, red mashed potatoes, gravy & buttermilk biscuit. I ordered off the senior menu, so you get a smaller portion. I looked up a variety of steaks similar & logged the one with more calories. Had to guess, came out to 650 cal. hope that was right. After I got home I really felt like riding my bike. I usually only ride my bike to take Grizzly, my big guy(dog) out so I felt a little guilty but since he was going for a walk after I went ahead. I loved riding it by myself! planing to do that more often. Tomorrow, our dtr, Heather is coming in the morning with her 3 little dogs. We're going to a Newsboys concert tomorrow night. Her hubby & 2 kids are coming friday. One of her little dogs, Junibee is going to get spayed on 4/3 & will be rehomed with my friend down the street who I usually walk with. Junibee was a stray about a year ago that she took home & my friends home seems like the right one for her. My dtrs mmu3ias4set6.jpg
    kids make Junibee nervous & my friend is a widow with one little dog. Keep your fingers crossed they will like each other & will settle in without too much stress. Also on 4/3 MY hubby has proceedure at hospital early in the morning, so my friend is picking up Junibee from my house to drop her off at vets. I'm uneasy about that because I don't know if the rest of my 6 dogs remember her & she has to come inside with no one here to get her.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 You'll have to post an updated photo to show your awesome new haircut! I hope you have a great workout tonight. It's gloomy here too so I'm glad I have indoor derby practice

@Evamutt I hope everything goes well with Junibee! It sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead, I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert with your friend

@kasey39 Mountain biking sounds like a lot of fun! Great job evening your weight out!

@jdelaroy Sorry to hear you've hit a slump too. Were you able to hit your goals yesterday? Thank you for offering advice for PCOS. I'm definitely a newby at it, but I recently started taking Inositol and it seems to be helping my symptoms.

Welcome @corn_fed_farm_girl ! The core group is here (no adding needed), keep posting!

Great job exercising @isotoner!

@hallowe Welcome! How low are your calories set at? You may be at too large of a deficit and your body is rebelling at the extended time of not being fully nourished

I'm back from Lobby Day and I had a wonderful time! It was great to meet my Senators and Representatives and get to spend the day at the Capital. When I got home yesterday I was able to go out for a pole dancing class and drinks with a good friend. It was just the day I needed to feel refreshed. Today I have derby which I'm actually looking forward to again. I ate too much junk food yesterday so it will be nice to get back to my regularly scheduled meals and workouts. I'm glad my slump was temporary and I'm feeling like my normal self again.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    I guess I should jump in and recap my 2017..
    Started at 18st, hit the gym and mfp again on 7th jan, missing the new years resolution blues in an attempt to counter the usual failure.
    Working so far... down 2 stone. I started at 1280cals per day, but the more i research ive upped it t0 14- 1600 as im burning over 1000 cals mon-fri in gym. Diet is now awesome, except for the odd weekend of mayhem and mischief with ma girlies or hubs, although I dont worry about it too much as way of letting my body know its not being starved 100%.
    My only issue is the last 2 weeks Ive weighed in at 16.1, and after having a coil removed Ive now gone back to having periods- great- not! after 3 years without them. Thought Id gone through the menopause but apparently not yet... so I now have to look forward to an inaccurate weigh in every 4 weeks... grrr
    Still, as long as it catches up Im not gonna worry... got till xmas o hit my goal;)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Eva: Glad you are feeling better!! What a cutie!!! Hope all goes well with Junibee! Have fun at your concert and with your daughter!

Rachel: Glad to hear we have energetic awesome Rachel back!! You are so motivating!!

Kal: Although not a fun thing.. you will do great… it is a *kitten* to try and adjust for that every 4 weeks!

So last night I got in a great burn… only after I ran to pick up KFC for my in-laws as MIL is sick and was unable to cook for FIL, so Chad and I ran dinner over.. and yes… ate chicken!! Although it was the grilled chicken… I did have mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit too! Today I had to come into work early.. had training for most of the day and of course food was there so I drank soda… I rarely ever do during the week. At least the lunch was pretty healthy. I didn’t eat the cookie! Now immediately after work I am headed to the soccer open house and who knows what time I will get home! Girls weekend this weekend… I am going to take some healthier snacks so I do not eat scotcheroos (<-peanut butter rice krispy treats with chocolate!) all weekend! So wish me luck in being good… I am taking my workout clothes so while the girls go to breakfast, I can go to the gym! ;)