Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @anitahigginbotham welcome. Great job so far. Just keep at it and check in. I have been gone from this thread due to life and I have missed all my friends. They really do help

@kayluvv sugar detox. Need to try that. How is it working

Just left the gym. So far I am living to talk about it. I let you know tomorrow. 3 months away is KILLING me. But it feels so good.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Welcome anitahigginbotham, This is a great group. great job!! I started back to my gym classes this week after being away from them (but not gym) for 2 weeks due to an injured arm. Zumba & flexibility/stretch class. It's one right after the other, so I'm pooped. It's on Tuesday & Thursday. It'l be a year soon since I started mfp. I found every several months I need to eat more for a while so I eat at maintenance for a month or two. The good thing is Ive been able to maintain what I lost so far & I have less appetite during the summer I'm ready to start losing again tho. I hope to lose these last 15lbs this year
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Howdy, all! Won't say much, I've to too much to do this morning but wanted to say hi. Everyone seems to be doing so great! @ngolden3320--way to go! back on the horse...really glad to see you! New ladies, welcome (@anitahigginbotham, @kayluvv, @gymprincess1234, @clicketykeys-if I haven't already said it, @BalletGirl1001, @Wolfger).

I've been on a see-food diet lately but I think I've got it under control. I readjusted to losing 1/2 a pound a week about a week ago because I was just hungry all the time. I think it is probably my gerd acting up. I need to cut out the coffee for a while, but this time of the year that's not good for anyone. Job is crazy...I've got more than 100 on-line courses that need to be reviewed, updated and copied for our next fiscal year and I can't seem to get the reviewers to actually review (okay, about half of them) and I'm copying over something in the neighborhood of 1200 classroom tracking areas. Crazy. I allocate a week to each of our 10-ish groups and do my location (most of the on-lines) piecemeal. Yesterday I was testing an old module that was acting up--it was a really complicated branching module where there are about fifteen or twenty possible outcomes--and it asks you for your name...after about 4 tests, I started entering Princess, Princess, Princess and deliberately choosing the wrong paths to make the 'supervisor' reprimand me...it is sort of a reverse anime joke for me and was super funny. I guess you take your amusement where you can find it. We were supposed to go to a movie on the lawn at our public library last night and I really kicked kitten when I got home to get dinner done (I cooked out...turkey burgers, grilled portabellas and asparagus and corn on the cob) so we wouldn't be rushing...and my husband was all "Oh, I'm tired. I suppose we should go..." We didn't go. Instead I spent two -three hours prepping the pics and creating proof sheets for that wedding I photographed a month ago (yes! not done yet). I've got to knock this kitten out. That's the plan for tonight.

Really looking forward to a 3-day weekend...
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott Holy *kitten* you've been busy! Great job finding time in the mix to cook up a bunch of healthy stuff, your dinner sounds amazing. Hopefully you can sneak in some time this weekend for some fun!

@ngolden3320 Way to go!!! I hope you're not too sore today. It is always hard to get back in it after time away, great job working through it and getting *kitten* done!

Welcome @anitahigginbotham !

@kayluvv Way to go! Meal prepping definitely takes some time, but it's shorter in the long run because then you never have to ask the "what am I going to eat tonight" question. I do a lot of slow cooker recipes to shave down on time (plus I'm a pretty lazy cook!)

@gymprincess1234 Quest also makes an unflavored powder you can use if the taste throws you off, it's an easy way to supplement if you need it :)

@clicketykeys Congrats on recently joining a gym! It is nice to have the wide variety of equipment, I love the assisted pull up machine too!

@Evamutt Great job maintaining! Summer is always a hard season so it really shows your dedication. You're going to be in a strong place going into those last 15lbs

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I am so excited to head down to see my Grandma for her 80th birthday this weekend. I've already packed and pre-planned my road trip snacks to stay on track. It's going to be a sodium bomb, but it's still better than fast food (and easier on the wallet). Seriously, when did fast food become so expensive?! A sandwich at McDonald's shouldn't be $5!

I've noticed that my coworkers who eat out for lunch are constantly talking about how they are short on money and how they're struggling to lose weight....gosh I wonder why??? I'll stick with my budget friendly and calorie friendly home cooked meals thanks :) I hope everyone has a good long weekend!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    ggyj3ygmro2z.jpg
    esaz028e7yad.jpg
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I'm back! Boy has this past week been hellish! Tuesday I had a $1200 overage in my teller drawer at the bank and we couldn't figure out where it was from, but we had a super large, confusing deposit right before AND the automated teller machine that we were depositing the money into got jammed about 4 times while we were trying to put it in and after we realized something was wrong with my till when we were pulling all the money out, to put it back into the machine to see if there was a difference(and of course there wasn't) so we ended up staying an extra two hours trying to figure out where the money goes to. Never figured it out. So Wednesday we had an auditor from corporate come in and go through absolutely everything and she couldn't find it. It didn't help that I had been doing a few things wrong with my cash handling, that I now know not to do anymore. Yesterday my manager's manager spent an hour going through my work and came up with the same problems the auditor was encountering. So today, I get pulled into the office and get a written warning which was MUCH better than what I thought was going to happen. Honestly, I thought I was going to get fired. But alas I still have my job! WOOHOO! Lol

But because of all of the stress and the super rainy weather, I haven't been doing anything health related at all! I haven't been logging food, making healthy food choices, or doing any kind of physical activity. I had planned on starting to log my food again today but that fell by the wayside because of lack of timing.

Now it's past bedtime, but I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am still alive! Just had some minor setbacks!

Have a great night everyone!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    ggyj3ygmro2z.jpg
    esaz028e7yad.jpg

You kill me!

So funny!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far. My schedule is such that your Friday is my Monday XD Worked 11 hours yesterday, probably 13+ today, and then 11ish tomorrow and Monday (yay holidays). Didn't go to the gym yesterday and likely won't today. *Might* sneak in tomorrow morning. However, after all that, I'll get MY three-day weekend. Definitely looking forward to a break!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I binged yesterday. :( Happy I lasted a whole month without doing it, and that I logged every single calorie, but boy, I feel physically so bad today, so bloated and tired. At least my acid reflux and gastritis didn't set off. :|
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @clicketykeys I'm only get a two day weekend since I'm working today, granted it's a half day but still! Not cool. Lol. Enjoy your time off!

@gymprincess1234 I've been kind of off the healthy eating train for a few days and I can feel it too. Not sleeping as well is really taking its toll on me. I'm a sleep craver, but not being able to sleep well just screws everything up in my body. But hopefully we both can get back into eating healthy again very soon!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I'm back on it already. I was very well aware that I was binging. I get these 'episodes' of extreme cravings for just eating whatever and how much I want. It is one day and then it's back to my normal 1350kcal/day and losing 1kg/week.

I do snack on junk food on weekly basis, cause I still manage to easily stick to my allowed calories, it must be my body screaming from time to time for more calories :D , cause my weight loss is close to 7 months and 50lbs now. haha
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 That's an amazing weightloss. I've only lost 5lbs in the last few weeks because my calorie intake hasnt been consistent. But I'm trying to change that. And I havent really been going to the gym much either. It was easier to go, believe it or not, when I was working overnights and second shifts because there was a lot of time in the middle of the day that I would go. Now, DH and I work pretty much the same shift and I feel bad leaving him at home when I go now because he cant really come with me. His body is shot. He can do a bit of bike riding which he sometimes does when it's nice out. But other than that and walking at work, he's pretty sedentary. So I feel bad leaving him for like an hour and a half while I go work out and he's home by himself playing video games or watching sports. That's a totally bogus way of thinking right? I shouldnt feel guilty leaving him home, right? I dont know...I feel kind of like a bad wife. Lol

So work was fine. Super boring actually. We were expecting it to be really busy today because of all of the shore people coming down from up North. But the weather isnt supposed to be the greatest, so that might be why. We were open from 9am-1pm and we had about 20 customers. Now we're a slow branch to begin with but that was SUPER slow for three people. Only two of them were running drawers too. The third was my supervisor who was on the desk side. So we pretty much sat around and did nothing. I actually completely redid the lay out of my budget for next month. Made it into a nice neat table and printed it out and everything. So now it's under a magnet hanging from my refrigerator. Lol. I can check things off when I pay them and know exactly what I paid and all that good stuff. Is it odd that I find that sort of thing enjoyable? Lol

So now, I think I'm going to lay down for about an hour and then hit the gym since the DH is working kind of late today and I'm having a meeting with a youth leader from my church at McDonalds! Can you believe it? But I'm gonna be good. Just a salad and a water. Lol. But I need to have the extra calories in my deficit so it's gonna be a tough workout today. Lol
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good week end. This morning was our annual block sale, actually several blocks. We didn't have anything to sell, but our youngest son & family came & sold bacon wrapped hot dogs, they were from Costco. I had 2 & logged it a few min ago & they are 170cal EACH just for the hot dog alone, plus the bun & bacon & small bag of cheetos...I almost ate the whole days calories! I wouldn't have had any if I knew ahead of time they were that much, also if I didn't smell them grilling, oh well. all my dogs got to go for walk & a few hung out front with us. My grand dtr, Jocelyn, who will be 4 had fun too. We're all tired now & it's only after one. I planned to pick up my best friend, who lives across town & doesn't have a car to come over. I'm waiting for her to get back to me, but if she doesn't get back soon, I'm going to be way too tired to go out to get her.
  • gymprincess1234
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Lol, he is a grown person and gaming, I think he can survive 1h without you , plus you will be a happier and a fitter wife ! :D
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Well, I had to share, my friend didn't come over, she was having a "lazy day" , good thing because I took dogs for another walk while all the yard salers were cleaning up & there was a stove for sale down the street! It's the same kind I was saving up for at Sears, which went for $460 but I got this one for $180! It's not fancy, it's basic but that's all I wanted. Our stove was just getting grundgy looking, it needed new igniter in oven & it was black. All our appliances are white & so is our new stove! Me & hubby put it in. Looking forward to baking something lol
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I found this pasta at walmart today, 15 calories per 2/3 cup. going to try it tomorrow
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 - Does your gym have treadmills? He could come along and take a slow walk while you do a harder workout. (Then again, maybe he'd prefer to stay home and chill, lol!)

@Evamutt - Grats on the oven and the pasta! Let us know how you like it :)

Today is my last 11-hr day before I have three days OFF. Sooo ready for a break. Especially my poor widdle feets :(
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @clicketykeys I think he would prefer to stay home. Lol. He's a total introvert who is a department lead at a sporting goods store so he deals with people all day long. I think he enjoys coming home after a long day at work and just relaxing with his video games. Lol. I'm a bit of an introvert but I also enjoy being around people and my job isn't as people intensive as the DH's is. So maybe that's why I don't mind going. Lol.

@Evamutt That pasta looks pretty good. How did you like it? You got it at Walmart you say? I'll go look for it!

Happy Memorial Day to all! Especially those who have served! Thank you!

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day. Got up super early(like 6 am early) to go food shopping. I live in a shore town in New Jersey and during holiday weekends the stores get crazy! So I went right when they opened to try and beat some of the craziness. It kind of worked. Lol. Got home, put everything away and went back to sleep before church. Went to church and had an awesome time! Totally glad I went! Got home, made lunch(not soo healthy but not terrible either), had a really awesome talk that was years in the making with my mom. Got home, took a really long, nice nap. Made dinner, ate too much of it. LOL. Watched some baseball and went to bed. A pretty good day! Didn't stay in the green in most of the categories though.

As for today, it's a laundry and gym kind of day! I have to go up to my parent's house to do the laundry though. It's a good thing they only live about 500 yards away. Lol. Then hitting the gym while it runs. It's been a while since I really did any kind of work out. So I think it's time to get back into it. I know that I really need to start doing it. I know that it will really help with the weight lose. I'm down 7 pounds since I started a month ago. And I want to leave the 170's which is where I seem to be stuck. So I'm gonna start hitting the gym more frequently.

So have a great day everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I didn't even want to come on the boards and post this morning. I spent the last 3 days eating my weight in cookies and I just feel sluggish and gross. I wish I was the kind of person who could bake cookies with their Grandma and then only have a few instead of a few dozen. I'm glad I spent the weekend with my Grandma and I love it when we bake cookies together because it brings back so many great memories of when I was little so I don't regret it at all, but man do I feel it today! I also hate that my brain immediately goes to the negative that I'm going to immediately gain all the weight back plus some and that I won't be able to get myself back on track. I hate it when I get into that negative feedback loop.

Plus this weekend I have a bachelorette party and my SO's birthday so I know I've got a challenging weekend ahead. Sigh. I hope everyone else is starting their week in a stronger place than I am!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 It sounds like your stressful end of the week moved into a great weekend! I'm glad everything turned out okay at work, that sounded like quite a stressful situation for all involved. Glad you're able to start hitting the gym more frequently. As someone who is also with a gaming guy, I can honestly say they don't mind if we leave them with their games for awhole ;)

@clicketykeys Glad your crazy work week is at an end. I don't think I could ever work 13 hours straight and still be nice by the end of the day! What kind of work are you in?

@Evamutt How was the pasta substitute? Those bacon wrapped dogs sound amazing, I bet it was worth the calories! Congrats on finding a new oven, that's quite the garage sale find!

@gymprincess1234 I tended to have big binges like that too when my calories were too low during the week. It does sound like your body is pushing you towards the extra nutrients!

@melaniedscott How was your weekend?