CHINA....makes you gain or lose weight?!....

Options
Having already lost about 30 lbs, when I first knew I was coming to China... I thought I would either come home looking skinny and healthy...or big and fat! Im definitely leaning more towards the second option now....

I joined the gym a couple of months before I was due to go to China for 6 months, though I didnt feel like it did a lot for me, I did get more lazy as time went on. Ive been teaching English here for the last 5 months and il be heading home in about 5 weeks time. I can honestly say ive had the time of my life...but have indulged a little too much...Me and a friend joined the gym but since coming ive gained close to 20lbs and feel like a complete failure! I swore to myself that I would never gain the weight back and I feel as though im going to come home and be right back where I started! Im dreading seeing all my family and friends knowing il look so much heavier than when I left. Im pretty much sure most of the weight is from beer....i never drank it (or liked it) before now but its pretty much all we've been drinking every weekend!! Wit regards food...I eat in a canteen at school mon-fri so not too bad....rice rice and more rice though. Proper chinese food is amazing though, ive tried so many new things! Most weekends see an odd mcdonalds or two aswel though or crisps and chocolate that I avoid during the week! :( Some of the clothes I brought with me are now too tight! Its all I can think of these days...Ive been trying to be good and cut down on portions/ drink vodka etc but something unexpected always happens and my good plans go out the window....trips away, meals out, birthday drinks etc
Im going to Thailand for two weeks before I come home and the thoughts of a bikini are killing me! I would love to be 10lbs lighter by the time I get home...Am I being a bit too obsessive and should I just enjoy the last few weeks I have out here...or should I just stop making excuses and cut the ****ty stuff from my diet??? I even tried making myself sick the other day...really stupid I know, it didnt happen though thank god! But I just feel like my motivation and willpower is gone, im trying to think back to how I was at the beginning of my journey but its just not the same and I dont know what to do!