'Healthy' sweet treats??

Options
Trying to find ideas for some sweet treats that aren't as terrible as say a huge donut... just something to satisfy the craving.. i like dark chocolate - but feel like something cookie based. Help!

Replies

• NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber one cookies. They aren't exactly nutritious but with all that fiber you really can't overdo it. ;)
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. One of my favorite sweet, healthy treats are rice cakes! There are so many tasty flavors but when in feeling extra naughty, I'll put a little honey in a glass of water and sip that. I like to avoid added sugar but since it's honey, I feel it's okay.
  • rjmgetfit
    rjmgetfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Naked Bars are good packed with protein and no gluten. If not dark chocolate. If you training a little treat is welcome I say!
  • mydade
    mydade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There are many recipes that you can try and make your own healthy cookies. You probably have most of the ingredients at home already. For example, you can try chocolate chip cookies that are made of oatmeal. Add some fruit in it, like bananas, cranberries, hazelnuts etc. I personally like the combination of almonds, hazelnuts and cherries. If you're not in the mood for making cookies, you can try hazelnuts with honey. But be careful, 1-2 tablespoons of hazelnuts a day is just enough. Be creative!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mix oats with bananas and add some dark chocolate chips. If you're looking for more cookie-likeness maybe try adding a little vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Play with it if you like to bake. I would recommend parchment paper or no-stick silicone sheets though. No fats make these bake right to the cookie sheet.

I would also recommend chocolatecoveredkatie.com . Need to try the deep dish cookies!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruit, fruit, fruit. :)

Berries are so very sweet.
    A really, truly yummy treat.
    Eat your berries every morn
    And ne'er will you be forlorn.
    :)
  • katie1318
    katie1318 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero Cookie Shake icecream (150cals per pint!)
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I had to taste test this for you before I wrote it. Not a cookie, but good. Adjust to taste.
    Take frozen banana slice 1/4".
    Mix natural peanut butter (1 serving) with Nutella(1/2 serving) with 10 grams of honey. Spread on banana and refreeze, stay out of them till re-frozen, 30 minutes.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I slice a banana, top with a dab of natural peanut butter and top with another banana slice. Freeze on a piece of parchment paper. Once frozen, I dip them 1/2 way into melted dark chocolate and dip 8n unsweetened shredded coconut and refreeze. Store in Tupperware in the freezer. Delicious!