Finished P90X3 today

Options
Just finished P90X3 today, thought I'd post this and maybe it will help motivate others.

I was able to complete P90X3 in 90 days. I missed some days along the way, but I made up for it by doing a double when I had the opportunity. My double up days were usually with either Yoga or Dynamix. My goal when I started was to not only complete it but to do it in the exact 90 days. It felt great clicking off the DVD player after Dynamix today.

What made it difficult was that I tweaked my knee on 10/19. I took 4 days off. It got better but still is not great. I finished up the last 3 weeks modifying the lunges, squats etc... and wearing a brace. I hurt it doing the Albanian squats (back leg on a chair) in the Eccentric Lower workout. I upped my weight for that exercise and it came back to bite me.

Started on Monday 8/10 Finished today Saturday 11/7
Lost 15 pounds now 174
Lost 2+ inches from my waist now 31/32

Those numbers could have been better if I had also followed the nutrition guide. For the most part, I ate healthy, and tracked my food. There were definitely cheat meals over the last 3 months, but they made me just work harder that night or the next day.

I also wore a fitbit over this time frame. Total steps for the 90 days while the DVD (30-34 minutes depending on the workout) was playing was 59,070 or 28 miles. Overall I took 1,000,843 steps over the 90 days. Averaging 11,120 a day. I averaged almost 12,500 per day before I hurt my knee.

What's next.
I'll continue to do 3-4 workouts a week mainly Yoga, Pilates, MMX, Isometrix and Ab Ripper through the end of the year.

I plan to restart X3 again on Monday January 4th. This time trying to follow the nutrition guideline.

I turned 51 midway through the 90 days.

Replies

• nowetdio
    nowetdio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm 2 weeks away from finishing the same program. The elite block schedule looks really fun so I'll try that out after.