Anyone else good in the week and rubbish at the weekend?

Options
I find that it is so much easier to stick to calorie intake and go to the gym in the working week when i have a bit more structure in the working day
At the weekend it all falls to pieces and i give in to temptation. Anyone else the same? What did u do to combat it?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here "bank" calories. Meaning, they cut 100-200 calories from their weekday calorie goals so they have extra calories to indulge on weekends.

I personally try to prelog when I can, including eating out and alcohol. It can give you an idea of what you're dealing with and give you a set plan to follow. In the end, it all comes down to willpower though.
  • Remilia_Scarlet
    Remilia_Scarlet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My biggest weakness is visiting friends. My two closest friends are both bakers, so even if I'm just hanging out at their places there are always tons of homemade sweets! I get around it by looking up food before it goes in my mouth and planning how much I can have beforehand. If it's something very calorie-dense and homemade (ex, one of my friends recently made a killer pumpkin chocolate cheesecake!), I log the highest-calorie entry I can find, then split half of it with a friend. That way, I end up a little under at best or a tiny bit over at worst (because even if the treat is actually twice as many calories as the highest entry, only eating half of it means that my count won't be too off).

I am also very open and honest about my goals and my food logging, so my friends are supportive and understanding about my choices.
  • jordy5forty
    jordy5forty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Indulging a little on the weekends is fine. Make sure to make the weekdays count and try to stay within macros on the weekends, if you waiver a bit it's ok, because Monday's are always right around the corner lol
  • danismith83
    danismith83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Woahsahs yes! My biggest downfall is
    my weekend.. During the week at home there are no treats in my fridge or cupboards and if they are not in front of me I don't even think about or crave treats, but then I venture out to social situations where I am surrounded by deliciousness every where I look and of course if a few alcoholic drinks are involved I really lose all self control... Nom nom nom!! Just like pac man. Clean eats during the week and weekend treats just lead to maintenance rather than weight loss. Perhaps this is something we could instead look forward to once we have reached our goals and need to maintain??? And that no weekend treats is just a temporary sacrifice not a forever battle.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If you do a good weight training workout before hand, those extra calories will more likely go to building muscle instead of being stored as fat.
    We sometimes have after church pot luck meals that involve piles of Southern cooking and desserts. I try to have a big squat session the day before. Then I go and enjoy it, but I do use some discretion as to what I eat.
    Eastcoast Jim
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. The weekends are just a time to relax and avoid a schedule. I do workout each day and watch what I eat for the most part.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    the weekend is when i actually have time to get out there on a long ride or two and usually hit the weight room on Saturdays. we're also out and about most weekends doing family fun stuff like going to the zoo or hiking in the mountains, etc...way more active on weekends than i am during the work week where i spend most of my days behind a desk. my diet is pretty consistent and i enjoy healthy living...i drink more alcohol on weekends, but again...i'm more active so everything evens out.