Sites for teenagers?

Options
2»

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Well, protein shakes should be fine. Protein powder is basically just whey or casein from milk that's been isolated from the rest of the milk so you get concentrated protein without the sugars or fats you'd get if you had milk or cheese directly.

I understand why you wouldn't want your son taking other kinds of supplements, though - a lot of those are things like various herbal stimulants that may or may not be healthy.

so would just a basic protien shake be ok? there are so many different ones we just dont know which are good or bad??
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options

so would just a basic protien shake be ok? there are so many different ones we just dont know which are good or bad??

Unless he's allergic to whey, all the brands are fine. It's a matter of taste. I'd read the reviews if you want to buy him one because some brands are better at certain tastes than other.

Chocolate's always a favourite, and hey, still healthier than cocoa powder.
  • siluridae
    Options
    siluridae wrote: »

Unless he's allergic to whey (or caseine, or soja, or the other versions), all the brands are fine. It's a matter of taste. I'd read the reviews if you want to buy him one because some brands are better at certain tastes than other.

• siluridae
    Options
    Why is it that my edits show up as new posts. :| Sorry about that.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    siluridae wrote: »

Unless he's allergic to whey, all the brands are fine. It's a matter of taste. I'd read the reviews if you want to buy him one because some brands are better at certain tastes than other.

thats great thank you