Feel like I'm just stuck. I run up to 3 times a week why do I feel awful

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    "Please seek professional help" in my opinion are one of the worst, most un-sympathetic, passive, condescending ways to just say, "who cares".

A mother's group might be nice
    You could try another sport you feel more enthusiastic about

Dynamics can change when you become a mother and your other friends do not have kids.

You say circumstances of culture prevent you from getting married, but why do you want to get married to someone who seems uninterested in you? He is the father of your daughter, so he will forever be in your life, but I am not sure why you would want to get married if things are a bit rocky right now?

WHAT!!!!? The OP just made a statement of :smile:
    Only thing preventingme drom hurting myself is my daughter and thinking that my partner will have won.

And you think that by someone telling her she needs help that they don't care? WOW!

OP, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Focus your time and energy on your daughter. Please talk to your doctor about postpartum depression.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    "Please seek professional help" in my opinion are one of the worst, most un-sympathetic, passive, condescending ways to just say, "who cares".

Dynamics can change when you become a mother and your other friends do not have kids.

You say circumstances of culture prevent you from getting married, but why do you want to get married to someone who seems uninterested in you? He is the father of your daughter, so he will forever be in your life, but I am not sure why you would want to get married if things are a bit rocky right now?

Really? And as someone who has suffered from both PPD and depression, let me tell you that telling us to "join a moms group or take up a sport" is extremely offensive. You might as well say, "snap out of it." It's just not that simple. I hope the OP does seek out help, it's very difficult to get through it without it.

Remember when Brooke Shields discussed her crippling PPD in her book and on TV, and Tom Cruise said she should do calisthenics?

Douchey, inane, ridiculous advice, then and now.

OP: I say this because I am not qualified to help you, but your comments worry me: Please seek professional help.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Really? And as someone who has suffered from both PPD and depression, let me tell you that telling us to "join a moms group or take up a sport" is extremely offensive. You might as well say, "snap out of it." It's just not that simple. I hope the OP does seek out help, it's very difficult to get through it without it.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789