Anyone work nights and trying to lose

Options
hey guys I been on nights shift for a few months. How do you maintain healthy eating habits and lose weights. Any tips?

Replies

• pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter and it's been an adjustment! Just remember that the time of day that you eat has zero affect on weight loss. It's all about calories in/calories out (CICO). I've found that I am happiest and feel best when I eat one large meal a day (generally around 4-5pm) and then have a small snack in the evening (10 or 11pm) and a small snack in the early morning (2-3am). I just can't bring myself to eat large amounts of food in the middle of the night yet. But just weigh everything and log it and stay at your MFP recommended calories. And be patient! My weight is coming off very slowly, but it's coming off. Slow and steady for the win.
  • sstout02
    sstout02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That's good to know! I will
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I currently work until 10PM, but we used to be open until midnight. I've always been a night owl, so eating lunch and dinner at non-conventional hours has never been an issue for me. Just eat at a schedule that works for you! I don't eat breakfast, so I will drink 2 cups of coffee as my "breakfast." Then before work, I have my lunch at about 12:30PM, and my dinner at 5PM during my break. When we were open until midnight, I would eat my lunch at 3PM, then my dinner at 7:30. I eat a snack during the day, but just like an apple or something, or a bananer