Building and maintaining muscle question

Options
Hello fit fam!! Quick question out of curiosity here any input will be appreciated! So in June after my first year of college I had gained quite a bit of weight, never exercised ate like crap etc. Then over the summer I started working out and eventually I was working out quite frequently by August. I was doing a Bootcamp class every morning then spinning 2-3times a week as well. Still ate a lot, but meh. I was feeling pretty good by the end of summer and people were even telling me I looked slimmer when I came back to college in September. However coming back I got swept up in partying and hanging with friends, got sick, spent endless hours studying etc. Anyways I didn't exercise for Semptember or October. (SO BAD I KNOW, shh) but any ways I am starting exercising again now because I feel like crap and want to get into a healthy routine. SO IF YOU BORE WITH ME FIR THIS LONG HERES MY QUESTION: how much muscle did I lose in the 2 months I took off?? Am I starting from scratch again or has it herbs short enough time that all my hardworking wasn't lost!

TLDR: How much muscle does one lose when taking a 2 month break from exercise?

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    None. A pound. Who know? It depends on how much weight you gained or lost.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    So if I'm reading that correctly, you didn't start working out frequently until August, but you quit by September and haven't worked out since? If you're getting back into the gym again I'd consider yourself as starting over at this point.
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    jillianash wrote: »
    Hello fit fam!! Quick question out of curiosity here any input will be appreciated! So in June after my first year of college I had gained quite a bit of weight, never exercised ate like crap etc. Then over the summer I started working out and eventually I was working out quite frequently by August. I was doing a Bootcamp class every morning then spinning 2-3times a week as well. Still ate a lot, but meh. I was feeling pretty good by the end of summer and people were even telling me I looked slimmer when I came back to college in September. However coming back I got swept up in partying and hanging with friends, got sick, spent endless hours studying etc. Anyways I didn't exercise for Semptember or October. (SO BAD I KNOW, shh) but any ways I am starting exercising again now because I feel like crap and want to get into a healthy routine. SO IF YOU BORE WITH ME FIR THIS LONG HERES MY QUESTION: how much muscle did I lose in the 2 months I took off?? Am I starting from scratch again or has it herbs short enough time that all my hardworking wasn't lost!

TLDR: How much muscle does one lose when taking a 2 month break from exercise?
    It depends on HOW much muscle you had to begin with...If you were fairly fit...then I think you're ok...plus sounds like you are doing lots of running around (which may equal ok cardio)...just keep some small 2-3lb weights in your room...or use some resistant bands...lots of video on YouTube...can get muscle back quickly with 2 workouts a week...Good Luck