Finally I've gained a pound

Options
I know it might not sound like much but since September I've been lifting weights 3 x 8 reps and monitoring my calories and macros. I started off around 2600 and slowly increased until last week I hit 3600 and hopefully that's my magic number. I was starting to think it was never going to happen but hopefully the slow process of putting on muscle is starting to occur. My only negative is that my bf% has also increased 0.4 % as well. I'm not going to let it bother me this week but I'll keep an eye on it.

Replies

• kayemali
    kayemali Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Get optimum nutrion mass gainer! I gain 6 pounds in 4 weeks!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    lee41major wrote: »
    I know it might not sound like much but since September I've been lifting weights 3 x 8 reps and monitoring my calories and macros. I started off around 2600 and slowly increased until last week I hit 3600 and hopefully that's my magic number. I was starting to think it was never going to happen but hopefully the slow process of putting on muscle is starting to occur. My only negative is that my bf% has also increased 0.4 % as well. I'm not going to let it bother me this week but I'll keep an eye on it.

your body fat is going to keep increasing as you gain muscle. You cannot gain muscle and no fat, it is impossible, so you really need to accept the inevitable fat gains that come along with bulking.

so oever two months you have gained one pound? No offense, but you are seriously spinning your wheels as the minimum gain on a bulk should be .5 pound a week, or a 250 calorie surplus….

are you on a structured lifting program or one that you created on your own?