disgusted with myself.

Options
ssheets32
ssheets32 Posts: 41 Member
edited November 2015 in Getting Started
Hello everyone I am so upset I weigh 261 pounds the most I have ever weighed!!! I Saw myself in the mirror last night and I was disgusted. I could not even look at myself. I am not motivated I feel lonely on this journey.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! You can do this :)

read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

First step, love who you are <3
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome!! You can do this :)

First step, love who you are <3

I totally agree, you have to love yourself. Once you start adding in hate & disgust, you can easily derail your journey to health. I was also very unhappy at 120 pounds overweight. When i start to feel the negative thoughts, i try to make sure to turn them into positives.
    As to getting motivated, that is such an individual thing. My initial motivation was to get off some of my meds, then to get my numerous health issues under control. My motivation now is i love how I am feeling.
    Take this one step at a time & remember it will not happen overnight, this is for life. Start adding in healthy foods at one meal, then 2. Or if you are like me i jumped right in over the course of a week. Add in a bit of exercise like walking
  • ChristoleJay
    ChristoleJay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel. I weigh about the same. I hate looking into mirrors, shopping for clothes, I have even gotten to were I'm to embarrassed to go outside or even out to eat... Maybe if your up to it we can set a goal together and work together to achieve it a little at a time. It's the progress not perfection right.... lol :-)
    ssheets32 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I am so upset I weigh 261 pounds the most I have ever weighed!!! I Saw myself in the mirror last night and I was discusted. I could not even look at myself. I am not motivated I feel lonely on this journey.

• ssheets32
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. It feels good to have motivation and people who know what's your going through.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @ssheets32 & Christolejay with your MFP friends if you are having a tough time reach out for help or just say i'm having a rough day. i found that to be a huge help, knowing that others believe in me & have been through it. If you need another friend feel free to add me
  • ssheets32
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • fernlittlestar
    fernlittlestar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey hunnie i have 2&half stone to lose
  • ssheets32
    Options
    We can do it. I just feel so unmotivated right now
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I understand. I saw myself in a picture taken at a work luncheon and that was the moment I made my decision. There is so much support on MFP, come back every day . . . not just the days you do well. Use MFP, read the posts, make friends who will support you. Every step you take towards health counts no matter how small you think it is. Have reasonable expectations. You can do anything you put your mind to. Have faith!
  • ssheets32
    Options
    Thank you so much. It means alot
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    MFP should be a place people can come to without fear of judgement, especially for typing or spelling mishaps.
  • olsogo
    olsogo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with Living360
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You can do this!
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you only get one day at a time in life, don't overwhelm yourself, just go one day at a time !
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You are not disgusting - you are unique and wonderful. Believe in yourself and I promise you'll reach your goals.
  • lebba
    lebba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on this path with you . You can do this, I can do this, WE CAN DO THIS x
  • ssheets32
    Options
    Thank you everyone it means so much. I want to do this so bad.
  • MarcieAvaJ
    MarcieAvaJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One day at a time....maybe one hour at a time. If a mirror sends you into self-judgment, just don't go there :) Replacement activity is so important....get a tool box full of "go-to's." Instead of eating, take a nap, take a walk, call or text a friend, come here and make friends!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    MarcieAvaJ wrote: »
    One day at a time....maybe one hour at a time. If a mirror sends you into self-judgment, just don't go there :) Replacement activity is so important....get a tool box full of "go-to's." Instead of eating, take a nap, take a walk, call or text a friend, come here and make friends!

I like these ideas!!!

Sometimes you just have to do the action before you embrace the feeling! I absolutely did not want to do chores yesterday...but I did them anyway otherwise it would be staring me in the face each day I let it go on. I'm decluttering my house one day, one item at time.

You are taking a stand when you logged on here to MFP. If that's all you do today, that is enough.
    We all have felt that way at one point or another. But each of us who have gained success in our efforts did so cause they choose to overcome how they felt with one small itty bitty step, a day at a time.

How do you eat an elephant....one bite a time.

So pat yourself on the back. You can do this!
  • tamanig
    tamanig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The first step is to embrace who you are. We all have to remember that losing weight isn't easy. Just focus on one day at a time and one pound at a time. You can do it!