Home Gym

Options
The basement gym is almost complete. Wanted it ready for our cold winter so that I don't lose my momentum and let snow/cold be an excuse for working out. Just pretty excited and thought I would share.

Main highlights...
elliptical
chin up bar, lots of free weights, crappy but sufficient bench, posters of ALI and Jordan.

Feel free to show me your workout area, share ideas, and comment.

s2fh0f9aja63.jpg

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a home gym, but space and money do not permit that at the current time.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am lucky in that regard, oldest daughter moved out (finally lol). I do have access to a gym at work, but I want to be prepared for the inevitable winter blahs. Most my equip. I purchased years ago, but finally dedicated an actual room to it and cleaned it up so that it is inviting.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
  • riffraff2112
    Options
    That is awesome.........you are awesome.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    Options

Thx man! I got tired of the crowded weight areas at the gym. So I built my one. I mainly do powerlifting. Still have gym pass (cheap) for cardio.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am lucky in that regard, oldest daughter moved out (finally lol). I do have access to a gym at work, but I want to be prepared for the inevitable winter blahs. Most my equip. I purchased years ago, but finally dedicated an actual room to it and cleaned it up so that it is inviting.

Haha I am the oldest daughter taking up the space in my parent's house at the moment!

Looks great. Hope you enjoy using it.
  • riffraff2112
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

Thx man! I got tired of the crowded weight areas at the gym. So I built my one. I mainly do powerlifting. Still have gym pass (cheap) for cardio.

Ever bring that inside?
    I hear ya. I have a gym pass and can work out at work as well (full gym) but I wanted the basement one ready for when life gets busy and I dont feel like driving,
  • ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

Ever bring that inside?
    I hear ya. I have a gym pass and can work out at work as well (full gym) but I wanted the basement one ready for when life gets busy and I dont feel like driving,

I have, but it takes up a lot of space. Rather have it outside. I take the Texas Deadlift Bar inside after use though. (Black bar).
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nice setups. Got to like the posters for motivation. I have a few on order. This is my little nook. Nothing fancy. The landmine corner is my fav exercise at the moment.

landmine.jpg
    da_gym.jpg
    lat.jpg
    dumbbell_rack.jpg