37yo & 240lbs Dad with successful career at the expense of my health!

Options
Photchan
Photchan Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, I'm 36 and happily married with 2 great kids. Over the past few years I've put career ahead of myself and haven't invested nearly enough in my health. I'm now 242lbs - the highest weight I've ever been and realise it can't go on! I'm starting to feel the strain of this weight and I've resolved to get back to a healthy more manageable weight.

I want to start first by eating right and committing to that and then ease in to a good exercise routine

Am looking for support/friendship from others in a similar predicament - those men and women who've put their careers first ahead of themselves.

Replies

• glosser24
    glosser24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 47 year old mom of 2 grown kids. I also have put my career ahead of my weight and health. I have been seeing a personal trainer for 6 weeks now and am eating healthy and exercising 7 days a week or at least 6 days. Have lost 22 lbs so far.
  • Photchan
    Photchan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    glosser24 wrote: »
    I am a 47 year old mom of 2 grown kids. I also have put my career ahead of my weight and health. I have been seeing a personal trainer for 6 weeks now and am eating healthy and exercising 7 days a week or at least 6 days. Have lost 22 lbs so far.

Wow that's quite an impressive start. I'm aiming to lose 20-25lbs in the next 8 weeks. Starting my journey today. What sort of routine is your trainer putting you though?

Would you like to connect as friends in MFP - please feel free to add me. Thanks.
  • jpaulsims
    jpaulsims Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've got a similar story as yours. I'm 45 and I was at 245 when I'd decided it needed to stop. That was 5 months ago and I've lost 42 pounds so far. Tracking my calories on MFP has been the biggest game changer for me. It's helped me make good decisions about what I eat. I also work out 5-6 days a week with rotating every other day between weight training and cardio. I've sent you a friend request and wish you luck on reaching your goals.
  • teleturn
    teleturn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks like a similar story here. Two kids and a great wife, somehow the weight got away from me.. It's time for me to get myself under control. I'm looking at nutrition as a first step and then getting back into my running shape! Just started to use MFP after reading some great blogs last week. Good luck with your goals! I have quite a bit to go myself...