Need breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I say, think outside the traditional breakfast box!
    There's no reason one can't eat chicken or tuna for breakfast.....or a salad....
    I know it's easy for me to feel stuck for choices when I think about the regular cereals/eggs/fruit and yogurt...

I cook a batch of chicken breasts in the evening, then put them in a container in the fridge for easy lunches ...or even breakfast
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my current favorite over night oatmeal.I make it in a mason jar.
    1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2-1 cup Kefir, 1tbs ground walnuts.Stir well and store in fridge over night. I like it cold but u can nuke it. Kefir is a fermented yogurt that is chock full of probitics and OMG good.My fav is blueberry. Most large groceries carry it by the yogurt area.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    A really fast breakfast can be breakfast burrito. I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I take a tortilla (your preference, but flour works best), peal and slice one of the hard boiled eggs (I have a slicer that I use twice on the egg to make a bit smaller chunks). Add some lunch meat of your choice (I use organic turkey breast no nitrates), and a tablespoon of cheese, if desired). Wrap and microwave for a minute or so depending on your microwave power and ready to go! You could even prepare and wrap up the night before and just microwave before getting going.

A bit more time consuming, but not much... Make yummy scrambled eggs!
    Sauté spinach in pan with a bit of olive oil and garlic, then pour in some whipped eggs (with a tablespoon of water to make extra fluffy), add some organic turkey breast chopped up (I often use non-nitrate slices for sandwiches to make it easy). Season with a bit of Light Adobo Goya (less sodium). Add a few sliced grape tomatoes if desired, or even a tablespoon of shredded cheddar.

I generally eat a hard boiled egg before I leave for work with my vitamins, and I always have individual servings of Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (strawberry or blueberry are the best) that I pack with my lunch for work and eat mid-morning.
  • SuzieQzie123
    SuzieQzie123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do a green smoothy with protein powder most mornings since I don't have time for much else.
  • abertrand87
    abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Honestly, eggs and bread are filling and what I ALWAYS eat for breakfast. I fry two eggs the night before and have one piece of toast and cut that in half so my eggs sit on the half pieces. its 290 calories (two eggs: 180, bread, 100-110) :smile: oatmeal doesn't cut it for me!
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    During the week, I do scrambled eggs. I whole jumbo egg, 1 jumbo egg white, splash of milk and cooked with pam butter spray. Boring but it holds me over and only 119 calories. Usually paired with 1 cup milk.

Weekends are my weak time. Usually just toast and a little butter on sat as I run out for my 2nd job. Sunday I fight the urge to go to the local eatery down the road for a big plate of calories and usually just have an egg or two. Tho sometimes, you just gotta give in!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    A really fast breakfast can be breakfast burrito. I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I take a tortilla (your preference, but flour works best), peal and slice one of the hard boiled eggs (I have a slicer that I use twice on the egg to make a bit smaller chunks). Add some lunch meat of your choice (I use organic turkey breast no nitrates), and a tablespoon of cheese, if desired). Wrap and microwave for a minute or so depending on your microwave power and ready to go! You could even prepare and wrap up the night before and just microwave before getting going.

I like to keep breakfast burritos in my freezer for the family - the ones I make are about 225 calories each large burrito.

Breakfast burrito:
    Sauté onion, pepper, mushroom, spinach. Chop 8 slices of turkey or center cut bacon, and crisp. Cook 8 scrambled eggs, and mix all cooled ingredients together. Lay out 8 large high fiber/low carb burritos (like La Tortilla Factory smart and delicious line or Ole Wellness High Fiber) – for gluten free, Aldi sells a 90 calorie GF tortilla. Divide mixture amongst 8 burritos, top each with 14-28g cheese of choice, and roll into burritos, folding in the sides. Lay seam side down on cookie sheet, and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave wrapped in damp paper towel for 2-3 minutes until thawed or microwave until thawed and crisp in a pan or under the broiler. Options: add in cooked potatoes, vegetables to taste, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, hot sauce, or any other preferred fillings. Can substitute 2 egg whites for each whole egg.
  • 1098mn
    1098mn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always make shake for breakfast
    Almond milk
    Greek yogurt
    Natural peanut butter
    Chia seeds
    Honey
    And lots of frozen fruit:
    Pineapple
    Blueberries