Willpower gone!!!!

Options
Anybody got any advice my willpower has left me and no matter how hard I am trying I can't seem to get it back and all I do now is seem to give into fatty junk foods where as before it wouldn't have bothered me saying no

Replies

• mskeita
    mskeita Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was 241 as of 10/22 and weigh today 11/09 229.5 .. I changed the way I eat and what I eat , I have high blood pressure and I can't let that control me. I control me. I want to be healthy for myself . And being on here with friends that help when u have questions is awesome. I use YouTube and do different exercises. I love buffie the body. But motivation and being determined when my clothes fit and people gives me compliments on looking good!!!!!!!
  • thevyrismark2
    thevyrismark2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd say take very small bits of junk food regularly and wash it with water. I have the same with sweets and doritos. You won't crave it as much that way and you'll still be able to stay under your calory goal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sorry but it's not something anyone but you can find again... or nobody would gain the weight back after losing it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    If you can't say no, try not having it around. Otherwise, it's a question of doing what you know needs to be done.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Your willpower hasn't left you. Willpower is not a thing you do or don't have, not really. It's linguistically treated like that but that's not what it is. Willpower is a string of good or bad choices. All you can do is try to make the better choice every time you are given a choice. Today, maybe you can only make that happen once. Tomorrow maybe twice or three times. It's just about doing your best in the moment again and again until making the good choice, the hard choice, gets easier and isn't so much of a struggle. The key is to never give up on the next choice because you messed up on this moments choice. Just because you have a bad day today does NOT mean you should give up and have a bad week. It just means you had one bad day and you need to make tomorrow better. Keep to your logging. Maybe at first you go over your goal every day. So be it. At least you're logging. Then maybe next week you start to cut down and get really close to goal, but still over. Then the week after you make goal, but it's all crappy junky foods and no nutrients, so the week after that you focus on healthy eating AND meeting your goal. This is not a one day process. You just solve one problem at a time until the problems are all solved.

One choice at a time, one day at a time, then one week at a time. And eventually the one choice that was hard becomes second nature and you don't have to even think about it anymore. You've developed a habit.
  • Ugggug
    Ugggug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey chezzabelle82,

I don't know your circumstances but maybe you have other things going on in your life that your focussing on at the minute and its stopping you from sticking with diet, have you maybe tried saying to yourself, ok if i diet monday to saturday then i can have a cheat meal on sunday, that way you have an insentive to keep going through the week and that cheat meal will help you keep away from those cravings too.

So what if you had a bad few days, we all fall off the rails at some point, it doesn't matter, forget about them, pick yourself up and think, i will do this! Don't let one bad day or a missed exercise day be an excuse to stop all together, *kitten* happens, that missed day only becomes an issue if you use it as your excuse to just give up!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    While you're waiting to find the great motivation again, maybe try cooking up healthy meals today that you know are within your plan.

I really do find my cravings are related to needing to eat. By the time I get something cooked, I'm convinced chips and dip are OK.

If I have something pre-cooked, I'll eat that. And, of course, the urge for fast calories leaves.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Squirt some dish soap on it and throw it out.

Or just eat it. If you really want to eat it, do that.

Pick the thing you really want - the thing that will make you happiest - and then do it with gusto. :)
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You may just be on diet burnout.
    After a few of months of calorie restrictions I get antsy. I found taking a break and eating at maintenance for a month gave me time to enjoy foods I haven't had for a while while not setting me back. I was able to jump back into the loosing mindset after the break.