Serving Size Question: Buckwheat Pancake Mix - Azure

Good afternoon, everyone.

I am trying to get an accurate entry for this product: https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/product/306/

However, I just realized that the serving size on their website says 1/3 cup (28g)...should that have been 1/4 cup and there is a typo on the website? I measured 1/3 of a cup, and it measures more like 45g leveled off. When I made my pancake this morning, I just used the 28g because 1/3 cup seems way off.

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited November 2015
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Good afternoon, everyone.

I am trying to get an accurate entry for this product: https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/product/306/

However, I just realized that the serving size on their website says 1/3 cup (28g)...should that have been 1/4 cup and there is a typo on the website? I measured 1/3 of a cup, and it measures more like 45g leveled off. When I made my pancake this morning, I just used the 28g because 1/3 cup seems way off.

It might be, but then again, usually the measuring cup measurement isn't super accurate, which is why grams are listed, too. Someone might really pack in a cup, some might leave the ingredients loose, it can make a huge difference. Most recipes that call for dry ingredients in a measuring cup, when I compare it in grams, it's noticeably below the brim of the cup.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Often packages serving sizes are incorrect. That's why we weigh. If it says 1/3 cup and then adds (28g) like that and it's coming out wrong in the measuring cup, I would for sure go with grams/ounces.
  • feraltydreaming
    feraltydreaming Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you all for the quick replies and the helpful information. *laughs* This is why I started weighing my food from the start...I knew from having cooking over the years that the standard U.S. measure was highly subjective.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Thank you all for the quick replies and the helpful information. *laughs* This is why I started weighing my food from the start...I knew from having cooking over the years that the standard U.S. measure was highly subjective.

Me too! I dunno how people do it without a scale. I mean clearly it's possible because they are steadily losing, but I was not graced with that particular capability. So scale it is:)
  • feraltydreaming
    feraltydreaming Posts: 10 Member
    I mean, technically in this case, the metric measure could be incorrect and should be somewhere around 40g...but I have no way o knowing which is the incorrect measure in this case.
  • justrollme

Me too! I dunno how people do it without a scale. I mean clearly it's possible because they are steadily losing, but I was not graced with that particular capability. So scale it is:)

Same here! On occasion, I'll try to guess a weight and get it right, which absurdly makes me feel like I won a lottery. But without a scale, I know I'd have way more incorrect guesses than good ones. I really love my scale, lol.
  • justrollme
    I mean, technically in this case, the metric measure could be incorrect and should be somewhere around 40g...but I have no way o knowing which is the incorrect measure in this case.

Maybe try emailing the manufacturer? Usually companies have a "contact us" link, and some are pretty good at getting back to you within a decent time frame. I've done this a couple of times for similar reasons and had success.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited November 2015
    Just count 28g as a serving.