Is this a good plan?

I have made a meal plan that includes meals that I think are healthy send include fruits and vegetables every day.
For example I will be having these kinds of things at each meals throughout the week -
Breakfast - porridge, eggs, yogurt, cereal - all served with fruit and milk or water
Lunch - 'healthy' sandwiches like tuna and cucumber on wholegrain bread, cold pasta with sauce/tuna, jacket potato, soup and whole grain bread, weigh watchers microwave meals - all served eith fruit, vegetables or salad
Tea - Quorn chicken fillets, Quorn chicken burger in a wholegrain breadcake, fish, Turkey - all served with vegetables

I have also made a plan of YouTube exercise videos that will give me something to do every day (an easy yoga and relaxation video for Sundays/rest day) that I am going to try and stick to!!

What I want to know is, is it okay to have treats if I follow my meal plan for all of the other meals throughout the week and I stick to the exercise plan? My idea is that if I can stick to both plans throughout the week I can have:
One 'treat' meal a week such as - noodles, curry, pizza (not a full one)/homemade pitta pizza, cheese and onion tart, garlic bread, sausages, toasties ect. That is something 'unhealthy' that I want. I was thinking that to make this still fit in with my healthy eating I could serve whatever I choose with with vegetables or salad.
One 'treat' snack or desert a week such as - crisps of a reasonable serving size (not a full tube of Pringles or share bag etc.), chocolate of a reasonable serving size (not a full bag, big bar etc.), a slice of cake, a couple of biscuits, a bowl of ice cream etc.
One takeaway/fast food meal a month such as - a pizza, Chinese takeaway, Donner meat and cheesy chips, KFC, Burger King, fish ship fish and chips, mcdonalds, noodle bar or anything else that I might want.
I will only have these things if I actually want them (I won't just eat them because they're 'allowed' and I won't carry them over into the next week either) and only if I stick to my plans for the rest of the week.

Is this a good idea or will it be too much 'unhealthy' food to lose weight?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Seems way too restrictive to me. Just eat what you want within your calories.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    If it fits into your calorie goal and you want to eat it, then do it.

I've lost 74 lbs utilizing moderation of all foods. I eat ice cream practically every night.
    You can still eat all your normal foods. You don't have to cut anything out. If you go out to dinner, try to fit it into your calorie goal. But don't freak out if it doesn't. Going over once in a while is ok too. Some people go by weekly averages. So long as you're in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Weight loss is based purely on the calories you eat.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    The only thing you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. You can eat those "unhealthy" foods as often as you want as long as you're hitting your calories and nutrients.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    If you are good 90% of the time, the other 10% is not important. It's impossible to be perfect all the time. In fact give you a chance to eat whatever you want twice a week, will help you stick to your healthy eating and remove the mentality that you are on the diet. It also regulates your hormones to have high calorie once a while
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited November 2015
    Way too much sugar/carbs. Keep carbs below 120/day. ie "Breakfast - porridge, eggs, yogurt, cereal" - all served with fruit and milk - all sugar, except for the eggs.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    It's your diet and YOU get to make all the rules. If you want no treats, a few, a lot or nothing but treats - it's all okay!

As long as you eat at the calorie goal MFP gives you, you should be doing okay. Eating a well-balanced diet of mostly healthy foods will serve you well. Smart girl!

Again: No, a treat now and then cannot stop you from losing weight. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The only thing you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. You can eat those "unhealthy" foods as often as you want as long as you're hitting your calories and nutrients.

BOOM!