Time to get back on track

Options
My name is Betty. I'm 27 years old and I live in Columbia Missouri. I recently lost 25 pounds and then sort of gave up I guess. I've been maintaining for the last 2 months, so I just need to put in a bit more effort and make it work this time around. I go through this every year I think. It's time for me to finally make a change.

I think I've failed in the past because I didn't get involved with forums or other people. Hoping I can find some encouragement on this site and just take things one day at a time.

So far this site is great. Just tracking the calories has given me a new perspective on what I'm actually eating. I'm tired of being the fat girl. I realize most people don't actually see me that way, but I do. I want to feel good about myself so that I can be happy and healthy for my family.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Well here you will find all the advice and support you will ever need, it just takes effort and you can reach any goals you set for yourself.
    Good job on the 25lbs, that is an accomplishment, and sometimes youjust need to jump back in and pickup where you left off at.
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Betty, I'm a Missouri girl too.
    I can't tell you how many times I've started to lose weight only to give up.
    Being accountable (ie...logging in my food and exersize) has been helpful to me. I really am liking everything about MFP.

Stick with it. You can do it!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I get it. I lost 40 and I have maintained it. But I still have at least 20 pounds to lose. I need something to jump start me! Your post and signing on for the first time in a week is definately a step in the right direction. Thanks for the encouragement, I hope I can offer you the same.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello Betty!

I've been up and down for years too! I have a real desire to succeed now, and I know that when I am on this site every day keeping track of calories and exercise, I stay on track so much better. The idea that I'm going to have to record what I'm eating really keeps me in check. And it also stops me from fooling myself into thinking a little something isn't so bad, because the calories and fat are right there in black and white.

Good luck and God bless!

Joe
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I find this site and the community very helpful, feel free to add me as a friend if you want a healthy buddy :)
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    i know miss betty personally and she is a STRONG WOMAN in every other area of her life....taking charge of her health if she sets her mind to it will be no different! be an inspiration betty! you always have been!