I Need Some Advice

Options
Hi everybody I need some advice. So I have lost 41 lbs so far. Now my weight is at a stand still. I was an emotional eater and in the past 5 years, I gained a little over 100lbs. Like I said I have lost 41lbs in roughly about 5 months now. Cause of my BMI, MFP calculated that in order for me to lose atleast 1.5 lbs a week on a seditary (probably spelt wrong) I would need to eat 2,000 calories, 100 protein and 250 carbs. Now I may add now that I am no longer an emotional eater as much....I've gotten better with my eating since I started this journey. Now since I started losing weight, I am rarely hungery and have force myself to eat atleast 1,000 calories. I try to stay on a low fat and carb (which has helped me lose these 41 lbs). I weigh/measure my food before I put it in my mouth and eat. Is there anything that anybody can suggest for me to help get out of this situation?

***I must add: the days I am rarely hungry have have to force myself to eat, I eat barely 1,100 calories. The days I am hungry and actually eat I eat about 1,400 calories. But 9 times out of 10 is when I eat around 1,100 calories

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Your diary is set to private, so I can't really help you without seeing it...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Your diary is set to private, so I can't really help you without seeing it...

Seconded. Can you make your diary setting public OP? It might help people to understand what's going on with you. My guess is that you are probably eating over what you think you are eating, which is why A. You don't feel hungry and B. Your weight loss has stalled. But there's really no way to tell, or to help you identify and solve the individual issues unless we can have a look at your food diary.
  • amandapanda932011
    amandapanda932011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok I changed my settings. Please dont judge my diary. I work and get out of work till late and hate leaving my food in the fridge cause I still dont know everybody at my work and I heard people will mess with your food :/.

And thats why I kinda under eat just a little to is to make sure if things are over the calories, fats etc is so I know I would be ok with that cause I know it could be covered
  • amandapanda932011
    Options
    the days I didnt add food to my diary were days I didnt track but I also didn't go over board either...just didn't track. Like I said 9/10 I under eat
  • CoffeeNCardio
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ok I changed my settings. Please dont judge my diary. I work and get out of work till late and hate leaving my food in the fridge cause I still dont know everybody at my work and I heard people will mess with your food :/.

And thats why I kinda under eat just a little to is to make sure if things are over the calories, fats etc is so I know I would be ok with that cause I know it could be covered

That's not what we're here for. And I promise to happily stomp on anyone who tries. This is about identifying your issues and helping you solve them. Deep breaths. That doesn't mean people won't tell you the truth if they think it's a problem, but this is not about shame. This is about getting you to goal.
  • amandapanda932011
    Options

That's not what we're here for. And I promise to happily stomp on anyone who tries. This is about identifying your issues and helping you solve them. Deep breaths. That doesn't mean people won't tell you the truth if they think it's a problem, but this is not about shame. This is about getting you to goal.

Ok thank you :)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

Ok thank you :)

Alright, my first impression was that you were using user-entered logs, but having checked out the subway website, I do see the numbers (calories anyway) are correct for those, so good job there. I would however warn you that subway's calorie counts could EASILY be higher by a person in the store making a sandwich and squirting on tons of extra sauce than is listed in the count on the subway website. We don't know that with you, and even if that was the case, it still shouldn't put you so far over that you're not making progress.

I think I need some more information. How long has it been that your weight loss has "stalled". Can you give me a brief history of how your weight loss has been going? Dates? Like the last week where you saw a loss and when you stopped seeing losses?
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    Also: Are you not logging your water (I don't) just cause you aren't? Or are you not getting very much drinking water?

Also also: Are you actually weighing those foods that are listed in grams, or guesstimating?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at your diary yet but these things stand out
    1) length of time you've been at a standstill? If less than 6 weeks it could just be a stall
    2) you've lost 41lbs, well done, have you recalculated your calorie goals ..they reduce as you get smaller
    3) are you eating back exercise calories? Half them
    4) log every day ..accurately by weighing
    5) low carb and low fat seems wrong ...one or other but calories is all that counts
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Your diary isn't public
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Your diary isn't public

It was for a few minutes. I think she's quite frightened of being shamed for the high volume of fast foods, but you know they were really not bad choices of food, and she logged them well. Even her user-entered choices were accurate once I checked them against the company website's and other sites. Nothing to be ashamed of there.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    There is no shame in food ...just deliciousness

OP the only reason we check diaries is to see if there's any obvious logging mistakes ...I don't believe in labelling food ...you eat the food you like ...there are nutritional guidelines but those can be hit with a McDonald's only diet if you so choose
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Your diary isn't public

It was public for a while, she must have changed it back...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    OP I think you are doing a really good job compared to some of the obvious and outrageous mistakes we often see with people's logging. My guess is that because of your high sodium intake lately, you're probably just packing a little extra water weight so the scale isn't moving. That happens to us all, and to women in particular. I've personally gained 5 lbs water weight in a single day and then been 8 lbs lighter the next week, still losing. My guess is you just need to give it some time. Your logging is good. Your food choices are nothing to be ashamed of. (I got 332 calories from COFFEE today alone, no one cares) Keep doing what you're doing and give yourself some time. I really do think you're just seeing what we all see once in a while: weight loss is not linear, it has ups and downs.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    the days I didnt add food to my diary were days I didnt track but I also didn't go over board either...just didn't track. Like I said 9/10 I under eat

Be careful with those no tracking days..

When I was logging religiously, I was losing almost a lb a week pretty consistently, and that was my goal.
    Starting in the summer I started skipping days due to vacation, other excuses. I didn't gorge on junk food or anything, but I didn't track. I didn't think that was making poor choices, but I pretty much ate at maintenance. I didn't gain weight, but didn't lose either. It isn't hard to wipe out your deficit when you skip days logging. Now I am back to logging EVERY day and losing again.

ETA - I just looked it up - From Jan-end of June (6 months) I lost 23 lbs. I started slacking off logging and skipping days in July. July-now (4 months) I have lost 3 lbs.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Does this help? I'm in maintenance which means my calorie intake is stable ...this is a natural 3 month change in scale weight when I'm doing everything right ...it's sodium, change in exercise, monthly cycle, hydration...we have a scale weight range not an absolute weight (generally around 5lbs)

mf07mgjkayuv.jpg

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi Amand Panda.. Just want to say great job on the41 pounds..... Listen to Coffee and Rabbit :) I lost30 pounds earlier this year and just passed 4 months maintenance. You are doing great!!! Sometimes, we have to be a little more mindful of our logging, especially as the weight comes off. I know that for me I had to be bang on macros and calories. You've got this <3

It was public fo it back...[/quote]