Lose 100 lbs in 2.5 years to meet U.S. Navy Requirements

Options
I've struggled with my weight since I was a kid, and tried to become healthy and fit multiple times, but never succeeded. I finally found what I really want to do after graduating college, but need to make some major life changes before even thinking about joining the military. Hopefully I can stay motivated this time.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    40 lbs a year, very doable
  • krobesongrubb
    krobesongrubb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

I agree. I think I'll just need to smack myself every once in a while to keep from giving up ^_^'
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

I agree. I think I'll just need to smack myself every once in a while to keep from giving up ^_^'

Honestly it has nothing to do with how fast you're losing weight, and everything to do with the fact that you must keep consistently losing weight, no matter the pace. Don't worry about the rate of your weight loss, just worry about staying on track and staying consistent.
  • nanabanana39
    nanabanana39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! My son recently lost 45 pounds to join the Army. This was his dream. He started off with doable goals like committing to healthier snacks of apples with a cheese stick 2 a day versus his favorite chips. His dad began to prepare him healthy dinner of chicken with salad 4 out of 7 days in the week. He started walking and gradually added on more exercises. When he went back the sargeant couldnot believe that an 18 year old had put in that dedication. Now he is in the Army. Good luck on your journey if you can dream it you can acheive it!!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I lost 45lbs to get into the Navy 15 years ago.... I'm still here and everyday I count calories and religiously exercise. You need to make it a lifelong change and not to just get in because you have to keep it off or they'll kick you out for being overweight. You can do it, just make it your new mentality of being healthy!