1 week 1 stone can it be done

Options
which guys out there can shed a stone in 7 days , n what diet formula do they use

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You only have 28lbs to lose and you want to lose half of it in a week?

I think you need to urgently reconsider your goal as this is definitely not achievable at your current weight.

Why is it so urgent you need to lose 14lb in a week?

• siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A stone is 49000 calories, so you'd need to create a deficit of 7000 calories each day. You'd have to be absolutely massive in the first place and then somehow manage to burn loads by exercising.

Say, if you were 600 lbs and managed to run 8 mph for 120 minutes, you could burn 7000 calories. I don't think that is happening...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    you're bananas
  • hardy61286
    hardy61286 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I seen this on somebody else's page n wanted to see what people think

I've currently shed 7 stone since June 14 , and I have done this consistently , which I think is brilliant through good diet and hard work in the gym,

However now I have been lacking but not in it for a quick fix ,

Are there plans of this type around ????
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't eat for a week. Or the most sensible option, nope.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    A stone in a week is just incredibly stupid.

Seriously. Any way of doing it would not be a healthy way.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    There is no possible, healthy way to do this. And offering you unhealthy ways to do it is both against the terms of service of this site, and contrary to all common sense.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    you have done a great job and been patient so whats happened now?
    it took you over a year to lose 7 stone, now you want to lose 1 stone in one week?
    really think about what you are asking.

You said you lost the weight through good diet and hard work, so you know what the answer is.
    the only think is the last stone will take a little longer so just be a little more patient.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    hardy61286 wrote: »
    I've currently shed 7 stone since June 14 , and I have done this consistently , which I think is brilliant through good diet and hard work in the gym,

That works out at nearly 5 pounds a week. Do you mind if I ask how heavy you were to begin with? That's a hell of a loss.
  • hardy61286
    Options
    I started out at 24 n half stone now I'm currently 17 stone ,

It was Preety much keeping on a diet of around 1-1500 calories a day , but doing a lot of excercise I.e swimming I swim a smile 3 days a week and also did low impact cardio on stationary bike...

It was a long journey but good results,,,

The one stone one week diet I've actually said which guys have tried this I don't think I would try it because it's very unhealthy ... But I did see a article online with a meal plan to do soo.....

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nevermind
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Well...I lost 10lbs in 10 days as a result of falling and destroying my wrist. So...

I read a study that someone that has multiple fractures can burn up to 6000 extra calories a day just trying to heal. So maybe if you broke both arms and a leg you could possibly lose a stone in a week.

Warning however...it will leave you tired and miserable...weak and sluggish...and in pain. After surgery you will experience a large water weight gain that takes a couple of weeks to stabilize. It will be difficult to execute your daily functions. Then you might experience excessive hair loss and that ever irritating dry skin.

Don't listen to those that say you have to cut off a limb however...you don't...you just have to break a few of them.

what a waste of virtual ink
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Really silly idea!!!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Well...I lost 10lbs in 10 days as a result of falling and destroying my wrist. So...

I read a study that someone that has multiple fractures can burn up to 6000 extra calories a day just trying to heal. So maybe if you broke both arms and a leg you could possibly lose a stone in a week.

Warning however...it will leave you tired and miserable...weak and sluggish...and in pain. After surgery you will experience a large water weight gain that takes a couple of weeks to stabilize. It will be difficult to execute your daily functions. Then you might experience excessive hair loss and that ever irritating dry skin.

Don't listen to those that say you have to cut off a limb however...you don't...you just have to break a few of them.

It was meant as sarcasm...I know...I know...there is never any sarcasm used on MFP. When people are told to just cut off an arm that is a useful virtual ink.

I was actually just trying to show the OP how futile and ridiculous it is trying to lose a stone in a week was.

If it makes you happy however I will delete my original post...makes no difference to me.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To lose 14 lbs of fat a week, you would have to burn 49000 calories more than you burn. That means, you would have to burn more than 7000 calories a day than you eat. So if you eat 1500 calories, you would have to burn 8500 calories.

So the right answer is become Micheal Phelps.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It can be done but it would require an absolutely extraordinary physical effort as said above if you care about losing fat above other things (you can't simply starve that amount of fat away in a week.)

The problem with your thinking is that it suggests a longing for the process to be over and by implication things will be much different when the weight is gone at long last. This is understandable but I think you will be in for a rude awakening when you get to goal - sure you get to eat a bit more but not all that much more and not with reckless abandon.

I suggest a better mindset would be to learn to love the process. See it as an opportunity for growth, to learn new skills, to challenge yourself, to fail and pick yourself up again. The results will then fall naturally into place but are not the thing of real importance, they are a by product of your new mental fortitude.

Don't dream it's over. There is a lot of happiness to be found in the journey, sometimes much more so than reaching the destination.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

It was meant as sarcasm...I know...I know...there is never any sarcasm used on MFP. When people are told to just cut off an arm that is a useful virtual ink.

I was actually just trying to show the OP how futile and ridiculous it is trying to lose a stone in a week was.

If it makes you happy however I will delete my original post...makes no difference to me.

my post was sarcasm to your sarcasm. doesnt matter if you leave your post up or not
  • hardy61286
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    It can be done but it would require an absolutely extraordinary physical effort as said above if you care about losing fat above other things (you can't simply starve that amount of fat away in a week.)

The problem with your thinking is that it suggests a longing for the process to be over and by implication things will be much different when the weight is gone at long last. This is understandable but I think you will be in for a rude awakening when you get to goal - sure you get to eat a bit more but not all that much more and not with reckless abandon.

I suggest a better mindset would be to learn to love the process. See it as an opportunity for growth, to learn new skills, to challenge yourself, to fail and pick yourself up again. The results will then fall naturally into place but are not the thing of real importance, they are a by product of your new mental fortitude.

Don't dream it's over. There is a lot of happiness to be found in the journey, sometimes much more so than reaching the destination.

Love it mate
  • hardy61286
    Options
    This morning I was just scrolling n seeing what this app offers, I'm amazed at the amount of responses this site accumulates , must be some hardcore individuals going though a journey of healthiness , it's amazing
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    To lose 14 lbs of fat a week, you would have to burn 49000 calories more than you burn. That means, you would have to burn more than 7000 calories a day than you eat. So if you eat 1500 calories, you would have to burn 8500 calories.

So the right answer is become Micheal Phelps.

I want to become Michael Phelps. Is there a diet for that?(Please remember I'm a woman) :wink: