Fat Skinny Jeans?

Options
13»

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Don't go to crazy buying new clothes if your losing weight. Why waste the money? I stocked up on Walmart leggings (of course I'm a sahm so I didn't need professional looking clothes). I'm waiting until I reach my goal weight to go major clothes shopping although I do buy myself a new piece of clothing here and there to reward my self. I feel you though I have a high waist, Carry most of my weight in my belly and arms but have thinner legs so skinny jeans well ya not happening. They may fit my legs but too tight on my stomach giving me a muffin top galore or if I get them to fit my stomach it looks like I'm walking around with saggy butt syndrome
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem OP. I have a small rear with a larger mid-section (apply shaped) so things that fit my waist look ridiculous on my rear and thighs. Lane Bryant is a no-go for me. The bum is always too large and it looks ridiculous on me. The best fit I've found so far is Old Navy.

And about the size 22 and jeggings thing, wear what you want. Personally I can rock things with tight legs as a size 18/20. My waist is my big problem area. I've always had shapely legs for an obese person. I also run, so my legs look pretty decent. We all have our own problem areas. The key is choosing clothing that flatters your shape.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I would think you could get them in any size just about anywhere. I went out clothes shopping today (yay!) and I was hard pressed to find an actual regular pair of jeans. I did find some regular Levis but these stretchy jean things are everywhere. Wal-Mart has a huge wall full of them, in all colors and styles, even some that look like fake leather.

I ended up getting like 4 pairs of "jeggings" or whatever you call them. I'll tell you what--I love them. :)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

please don't take offence to this but size 22 has no business wearing jeggings. Sorry but it is true, I was once a size 22 so I know from experience. Try lane Bryant, catch a sale and you can get some amazing deals and their stuff is great!

This is maybe that moment when you want to utilize the Report-This is my post and I want to delete it function...
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Judging by what I have worn for years, I'm well aquainted with Jeggings. (http://www.hanes.com/justmysize/plus-size-clothing/by-style/jeans/jms-denim-pants-jp3950 - not specifically labelled as jeggings, but look the same as the ones they have marked as jeggings) They look just like jeans on me, provided I'm wearing a shirt that covers my stomach/hips. I don't like wearing shirts that show that bottom bit. You know, the fat that's folded over the c-section scar and looks awful in fabric of any kind? But that goes for anything I wear. :D

As far as the poster who thinks we have no business wearing them, it's her opinion and she's entitled to it. Her comment was a bit jarring to read, but overall has no bearing on how I feel about myself or what I wear.

And I have no intention on building a whole wardrobe at this size, even if I had the $ to do so. But I have one pair of those pants I linked, which are very light in the upper thigh where they always fail, and this pair of actual jeans. That's it. Everything else I own to cover my legs are failed, warn out pants with gaping holes in the thighs. So a pair or two of current-size, well-fitting jeans will be a good thing.

(Is anyone else totally jealous of the plus-sized models who are still well proportioned individuals that can wear anything and look good in them? I mean, they still have flat stomachs; they're just larger versions of regular models! I wish my genetics allowed that. LOL)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    Judging by what I have worn for years, I'm well aquainted with Jeggings. (http://www.hanes.com/justmysize/plus-size-clothing/by-style/jeans/jms-denim-pants-jp3950 - not specifically labelled as jeggings, but look the same as the ones they have marked as jeggings) They look just like jeans on me, provided I'm wearing a shirt that covers my stomach/hips. I don't like wearing shirts that show that bottom bit. You know, the fat that's folded over the c-section scar and looks awful in fabric of any kind? But that goes for anything I wear. :D

As far as the poster who thinks we have no business wearing them, it's her opinion and she's entitled to it. Her comment was a bit jarring to read, but overall has no bearing on how I feel about myself or what I wear.

And I have no intention on building a whole wardrobe at this size, even if I had the $ to do so. But I have one pair of those pants I linked, which are very light in the upper thigh where they always fail, and this pair of actual jeans. That's it. Everything else I own to cover my legs are failed, warn out pants with gaping holes in the thighs. So a pair or two of current-size, well-fitting jeans will be a good thing.

(Is anyone else totally jealous of the plus-sized models who are still well proportioned individuals that can wear anything and look good in them? I mean, they still have flat stomachs; they're just larger versions of regular models! I wish my genetics allowed that. LOL)

Yes, que Meghan Trainor