what to do?

Options
I'm trying soi hard to eat right but my mother keeps buying fast food for me!! I live with my parents I'm 19 and I told her I'm trying to eat better yet she bought Wendy's for me before work today and I do not want to waste her money but ...I'm trying to lose and she's not helping

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it. You are an adult. You are responsible for what you put in your mouth. Why is your mother's choice to waste her money more important to you than your health?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Look at the Wendy's menu and find some options that would fit in your calorie budget, and give her a list of good options. Tell her that if she wants to bring you food, to a) ask first, and b) choose something from your list of good options. Or, you know, just don't eat it if you don't want it.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I had their apple pecan salad yesterday sans chicken - very delicious!!!
  • cheesyP
    cheesyP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lol
    I had their apple pecan salad yesterday sans chicken - very delicious!!!

• cheesyP
    Options
    I didn't want to waste her money so today I ate it and I'll double up on exercise! But next time I won't!! Thanks guys
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Look at the Wendy's menu and find some options that would fit in your calorie budget, and give her a list of good options. Tell her that if she wants to bring you food, to a) ask first, and b) choose something from your list of good options. Or, you know, just don't eat it if you don't want it.
    jemhh wrote: »
    Don't eat it. You are an adult. You are responsible for what you put in your mouth. Why is your mother's choice to waste her money more important to you than your health?

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    cheesyP wrote: »
    I'm trying soi hard to eat right but my mother keeps buying fast food for me!! I live with my parents I'm 19 and I told her I'm trying to eat better yet she bought Wendy's for me before work today and I do not want to waste her money but ...I'm trying to lose and she's not helping

You've changed your habits, but you can't expect everyone to change theirs as quickly. If it's something she's always done for you or something that she sees as a nice gesture or even an expectation, then it's going to take her some time to adjust. Keep nicely and calmly reiterating that you appreciate it but don't want it. Give her some other options she could bring home instead (Wendy's has some tasty options that fit in my calories pretty well). And decide now what you'll do with the food since it will likely keep happening for a while. If you toss it, she'll probably get the message faster, but it's up to you.
  • cheesyP
    Options
    I should've tossed it but today I explained to her that she is not helping and she apologized and I told her I'll double up on my exercise but she has to understand that I'm trying and she has to put an effort in too.. Thanks for your answer...
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Fast food doesn't make you fat. Excess calories makes you fat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has some great low calorie meal options. My favourite is the half size taco supremo. It's got all the macros in there in good proportion.

I suggest you thank your mother in the next week every time she works on making better choices for you.
  • cheesyP
    Options
    Thanks for answering!!
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Wendy's has some great low calorie meal options. My favourite is the half size taco supremo. It's got all the macros in there in good proportion.

I suggest you thank your mother in the next week every time she works on making better choices for you.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Good for you for wanting to take control of your health! You're an adult now and it will take time for your mom (and other family members) to adapt to that. Be proactive: if you know the places she usually stops at to pick up food write down a list of what you would eat from each place. Or, eat half or 1/3 of what she brings home. It's all about eating fewer calories than you did when you were gaining weight.

And yes, per @jgnatca, your mom should be thanked for any little effort she makes as she's used to feeding you a certain way. Be patient and persistent, both with yourself and your family.