5'8 looking for motivation!

Options
I am on a search for before/after stories or pics. Us women around 5'8+ who have wide hips/shoulders. I was on the fitness wagon for a long time. Lost 30lbs... then fell off.. but now I'm back! Its hard for me to find inspiration but I am trying! I am a mother of 3yr old twins! I wanna know your story and how you did it!

Replies

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have lost 42lbs in 18 months or so. I haven't posted my before and after pix. Yet. For me, no big mystery, I watched calories and I exercised. My sport is pole, aerial hoop, weights and flexi. I train 6 days a week. I also walk a lot, up to 8-9km a day with my dog.
    Some stats,
    SW, 12 stone 7 pounds but I know I nudged 13 stone before my official weigh in.
    My original GW was 10 stone 7 pounds but that became 10 stone.
    CW is 9 stone 6 pounds.
    I'm officially in maintenance and trying to work my head around it, establish weight range etc.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 5'7.5'' with wide hips and shoulders. Started at 222 and got down to 165 (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/885720-53-pounds-down-w-pics-first-post )

Since then, I've gained some weight and went up to around 179 (I haven't weighed myself since June). I've also got a tummy tuck and breast aug..so some changes were made since my success story above. My goal weight is 159. I just want to see those 150's :)
  • kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 5'7.5'' with wide hips and shoulders. Started at 222 and got down to 165 (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/885720-53-pounds-down-w-pics-first-post )

Since then, I've gained some weight and went up to around 179 (I haven't weighed myself since June). I've also got a tummy tuck and breast aug..so some changes were made since my success story above. My goal weight is 159. I just want to see those 150's :)

My CW is 222. Goal for now is 170.
    Your progress is amazing! Food is my greatest challenge as well. I practically think about eating while Im eating, hah.
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8
    Started in January this year at 253
    I'm now down to 171!
    Is like to get to 160

I log EVERYTHING I eat. I drink tons of water.
    My biggest hurdle in the beginning was soda. I had to give it up, as I was easily drinking 800+ cal of it a day. But I've been off soda now since January and I feel awesome.
    I exercise a couple days a week. Not as much as I'd like. My success has been from the kitchen!

dxzeomeaz4aj.jpg
  • sjardine80
    sjardine80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there ,

I have always been overweight at the age of 16 I was over a size 16 and 5ft 7. Jan 2014 I decided I had to do something about it as was a massive 107.9 kg (237.88lb ) and a piece of cake from exploding !

I started logging everything I ate and tried to reduce my intake massively. I started jogging, well I was lucky to be able to run across the road I was so unfit but made sure I tried 5 times a week. I was in the correct mind frame determination was running through me. By July 2014 I had lost a phenomenal amount with no diet plan and no gym by simple mathematics IMPUT cal - OUTPUT cal and got to 77.7 kg (271.3lb) 30 kg loss in less than 6 months 4.71 stone and managed to run 15km non stop.

My problem has been I stopped logging my food and gradually over the last year it has been sneaking back on I have continued running and even completed a half marathon but not doing the maths.

I have started logging my food again and just eating stir frys loading them up with vegetables and fish and lots of vegetables as deep down we all know what we should be eating . In the last week I have lost just over 1/3 of a stone and it has made me cross that it is so easy to put it back on and was so hard to work off last year.

For me I know if I want to loose weight and not put it on I am going to always log my food . Knowing that having a choc chip muffin and a caramel latte is going to be more cal than a full meal at nearly 700 cal I would have to go for a 15k run to burn it off and soon talk myself out of it.

Good luck, log your food and stick to target.
    kmlong2015 wrote: »
    I am on a search for before/after stories or pics. Us women around 5'8+ who have wide hips/shoulders. I was on the fitness wagon for a long time. Lost 30lbs... then fell off.. but now I'm back! Its hard for me to find inspiration but I am trying! I am a mother of 3yr old twins! I wanna know your story and how you did it!

• kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    amynb524 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8
    Started in January this year at 253
    I'm now down to 171!
    Is like to get to 160

I log EVERYTHING I eat. I drink tons of water.
    My biggest hurdle in the beginning was soda. I had to give it up, as I was easily drinking 800+ cal of it a day. But I've been off soda now since January and I feel awesome.
    I exercise a couple days a week. Not as much as I'd like. My success has been from the kitchen!

dxzeomeaz4aj.jpg

Great progress! Soda is my biggest issue atm. I finish a 2liter in 2 days tops. I tell myself 'Its just dr pepper ten. Ill be fine.' Then I realized recently how much aspartame Ive been taking in.

How did you get over soda? I tried sparkling water and making drinks that have carbonation. (I love the bubblyness of pop so much! Hah.)
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    geboyh8s3ogi.jpeg

5'9" here, and I have huuuge hips and shoulders compared to the rest of my body. It is actually something I am working towards on accepting. But I started at 174lbs and currently resting at around 150.

I would say that most my success so far is from walking. I get about 15-28k steps a day. And eating anywhere from 1600-2000cals a day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!