C-section + core workouts

Options
I got a c-section and my lower gut ALWAYS hurts when I work out my core. Its like pulling a muscle and I have to quit. Whats up with this? Did my surgery ruin something in there? I googled and googled to no avail. Have any of you ladies experienced this as well? I'm thinking about making a doctor visit. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Sorry 2 c-sections here and never experienced that. When did you have the c-section, are you working out to soon or has it been at least 6 weeks? For me 6 weeks wasn't enough I had to give my body a little more time, cardio burns belly fat also, especially HIIT.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    How long ago was your c-section?
  • kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    momof3and3 wrote: »
    How long ago was your c-section?
    Its been almost 3yrs now. I started working out this year. So it has deff been long enough. @shanel
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had 4 c-sections and can't work my core due to diastasis recti. Did you ever check for this?
  • kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ds6099 wrote: »
    I had 4 c-sections and can't work my core due to diastasis recti. Did you ever check for this?
    Hmm never heard of it.
    I googled it and the separation sounds very likely. I should ask my doctor about it. I also found exercises that my help. Thank you.