Need help / friends / motivators

Options
hey all today I decided to take a big hard look at myself and change my life not only in the way I look but in everyway possible because the truth is I just don't like myself . I used to love myself but life happened and I let myself go massively , gaining my confidence back is a massive challenge for me as I have tried and failed so many times at weight loss I go full forces for a week then give up because I haven't lost 50lbs in one go

Replies

• LuckyLioness1
    LuckyLioness1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl

Don't focus on the negative instead celebrate every single little success in a healthy way
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You need to approach this differently. You are making a positive lifestyle change - not dieting because you feel like you have to lose X pounds. A healthy diet and exercise are going to be a part of your life from now on and the weight loss will just be a side effect.

Don't starve yourself and try to lose 50lbs immediately, last time I lost 50lbs on MFP (before I got into a car accident and couldn't walk for months and gained it all back) it took me 4 months to lose and I was trying to *slow it down* because I didn't want to end up with saggy skin. Plus, oddly enough I would lose weight faster if I ate the amount of Calories MFP recommended than if I ate less. I guess my body wasn't in survival mode then.

Incorporate foods you enjoy but plan ahead! I used to eat a chocolate bar twice a week but I just pulled calories from the rest of the day or pushed myself harder on the cardio. You can also go out to eat, just plan what you will order in advance and account for the calories - most mainstream restaurants have menus and nutritional information online.

Set subgoals. Every 10lbs or so give yourself something nice - a new outfit, plan a road trip, have a couple of drinks with friends.

The most important factor is just remembering that you can do this! Never give up, never surrender =)
  • hartydennis
    hartydennis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its a journey I guess , and this is a first positive step , I have only started in the last two weeks and I know I will fall a bunch of times but its about staying on the journey. If you need a friend or a motivator , just add me and I will do my best to keep you positive and focused.
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Also, if your choices are to lose the weight slowly or stay the same, which would you choose?

Feel free to add me if you want =)
  • xoGeeGeexo
    xoGeeGeexo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all some great advise I truly appreciate it! I've added you all . We can do this :)