It can't be this easy can it?

Options
I've been at this 35 days now and I'm shocked by how easy I'm finding it to stay within my calories. Going to the gym five days a week is feeling great. I keep thinking I must be doing it wrong. I even bought a food scale because of all the posts saying you could be over eating and so far most things I've been overestimating. I've never really tried to lose weight before but now that I've had my second boy I need to lose the weight I put on while pregnant. I'm down 15 lbs and have 55 or so to go.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Good for you !!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I found it all to be pretty easy...others do struggle.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I found it easy until I hit the last 10lbs. Good luck, and well done!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I found it all to be pretty easy...others do struggle.

Oh yes of course others struggle and I get that. That's actually why I put off losing weight for so long because of how hard I've heard it can be. I have been at least 50lbs overweight for five years because of my fear of it being too hard.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's simple, but how easy it is can depend on so many factors. I usually find eating at a deficit easy, but there are days when it isn't so easy.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I love this!! For me, It really is simple. It does get more difficult as you get towards your goal weight, but I cannot believe how many fad diets I had tried and failed before coming to MFP. For me, it was all in portion control....duh!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I found everything to be "simple," but some days were harder than others. That is, knowing what to do is easy. Making it happen each day . . . sometimes not so easy.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own barriers, some with easier or fewer to overcome. But once you have, it does seem to be pretty easy.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options

Some days easy and some days hard. Congrats and keep up the great work.
  • alnvann
    alnvann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done on your achievement. It is so simple work out your maintenance for your current weight and then decrease your calorie intake by 300-500 calories a day. Eat healthy foods, avoid processed products and don't feel guilty for that odd treat. Most people struggle and turn to gimmicky diets/pills/quick fixes (which don't work) due to being impatient or not wanting to put the effort in. Keep up the good work and you'll achieve your goal :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, it really is that easy. :)

You may find, as time goes on, that the pounds come off slower than they did at first. Don't be upset if that happens. It's part of the game.

Congrats on your loss!! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's been easier than I thought, but it gets harder and some days really suck. Just be ready for those and don't beat yourself up and don't give up!
  • ragenhay1
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Yes, it really is that easy. :)

You may find, as time goes on, that the pounds come off slower than they did at first. Don't be upset if that happens. It's part of the game.

Congrats on your loss!! :)

Yup. I know it will slow down and there will be ups and downs.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    The first month was super easy for me and then it became more difficult on the second month. Once I got past that and settled into a routine its been very easy. I honestly feel like I could do this forever and I keep asking myself why I didn't do this years ago.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    WTG! I was hungry, myself, on some days. And now I've slowed down on dropping the pounds. But boy, if you're doing this well, then maybe you won't have such trouble at the end.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Great loss. For me the first 45 pounds, 4-5 months, were pretty painless. Now I struggle more and have taken breaks where I ate at or near maintenance. The thing was, unlike before, I didn't put on weight, before starting to lose again. I think I have successfully made this into a lifestyle change, this time instead of another yo-yo.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You could make it harder for yourself going full bodybuilder, optimizing your macros and micros, keeping track of bodyfat and exercise. :D
  • ragenhay1
    Options
    siluridae wrote: »
    You could make it harder for yourself going full bodybuilder, optimizing your macros and micros, keeping track of bodyfat and exercise. :D

I don't think I'm willing to put that much into it ha ha.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    I found it easy until I hit the last 10lbs. Good luck, and well done!

Exactly. For me, too.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! :) Keep doing what is working for you.