More than 1 workout a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Al48feelingreat
    Al48feelingreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would say do twice a day and do max 10 minutes high intensity

Please if your not used to doing 30 min of activity why put itself through punishment of a 30 min workout

If u still intent on it split it throughout the day in 5-10 min segments

It's not the workout it's your daily total that counts
    Kind regards
  • Heatherthecyclist
    Heatherthecyclist Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I train for 2 hours in the morning, during my lunch hour and then an hour or two after work. I'm still alive ;))
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I've started hitting the gym in the morning (I only manage half an hour, so currently doing c25k). The idea is that I will actually GO, and it leaves me free to do fun stuff in the evenings like go to the cinema, or go to my dance class (which is pretty much a workout anyway!!).

Yesterday I ran in the morning and then swam in the evening. Today I am shattered and didn't make it to the gym (I'm also thinking of putting stronglifts into the alternate days). That's okay because officially it's a rest day, but I'm keen to up the morning gym trips to daily.

Listen to your body - if you can do two, then go ahead, if it starts to become a chore then back off before you walk away from it completely.
  • Run_Away_Turtle
    Run_Away_Turtle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Most of you have been super helpful, thank you!
  • betsymcentire
    betsymcentire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use to work out twice a day every Wednesday because my favorite workout class and my favorite bootcamp both fell on that day. I did that for over a year and I had no issue. If you have the time start out trying it once a week and go from there.
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I've started hitting the gym in the morning (I only manage half an hour, so currently doing c25k). The idea is that I will actually GO, and it leaves me free to do fun stuff in the evenings like go to the cinema, or go to my dance class (which is pretty much a workout anyway!!).

Yesterday I ran in the morning and then swam in the evening. Today I am shattered and didn't make it to the gym (I'm also thinking of putting stronglifts into the alternate days). That's okay because officially it's a rest day, but I'm keen to up the morning gym trips to daily.

Listen to your body - if you can do two, then go ahead, if it starts to become a chore then back off before you walk away from it completely.

M
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've done twice a day before. I wasn't beat, but it got the job done. My later work out was the more intense one. I can't do too much at 9am lol
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am within 20 lbs of my goal, and my weight loss has slowed... I decided to work out for an hour a day, instead of the hour I've been doing the last 7 months, and have seen my weight loss pick back up again... But then I've been working out consistently and at a high intensity for over 8 months now, so I knew my body could handle it...
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I vary the intensity when I do several things in a day. Going gangbusters all the time could be a problem. Yesterday was a holiday for me: I really wanted to enjoy the day so I took a beautiful six mile hill hike with a good friend in the morning, went to my normal kickboxing class in the late afternoon & ended the day with a dog walk with my neighbor. Three very different intensities & durations, so not a problem. Just a relaxed active day.