Mini Goal Done!

Options
I just had an aha moment!!!

My first mini goal to get to 230 was accomplished this weekend! At first I down played it because I've been hiding behind my 80 lbs weight gain over the 10 years, but I looked at the post it I have by my computer and I realized that I did it! I wanted to it to go fast so I set October 15 as my goal date. It didn't happen. I got a little bummed but kept going....and ta-da I reached the goal 25 days later....I wouldn't have if I gave up. So what it took almost a month longer. The thing I will keep in my mind is that the days are gonna pass whether I do the work or not, so why not do the work...

Thanks to two of my circle of friends at MFP who encouraged me to take it one day at time. Thanks doebirds and airangel!

Replies

• melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You've learned such a great lesson and reminded us all that if we give up we will never reach our goals!! As you said the days pass regardless so why not make the best of them and put in the work. Be very proud of what you have accomplished and let that fuel you to get you to your next goal!! You've got this!!!