Why do I do this and why can't I stop

Options
2»

Replies

• dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I eat everything on my plate once I have taken it. But still, it is better to stop when you want to stop.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    dianaiku wrote: »
    I do the same thing. I eat everything on my plate once I have taken it. But still, it is better to stop when you want to stop.

I stop once something stops tasting yummy . I then adjust my logging, I might need those calories for a Hershey's dark chocolate nugget or two later!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    aimeetu wrote: »
    I'm a bit stuffed tonight after dinner. Don't get me wrong I was within my calorie budget and only eating what I had planned.

I know all the reasons that it's wrong but I can't seem to help myself.

Really, it's fine. Don't worry about it. People in the Intermittent Fasting camp will eat a full day's food within a limited time window. Eight hours is the most common, but some people do it all within four, or even one giant meal for the day. There are good reasons for doing this, but that's outside the scope of this thread. Better point being, the idea of a "meal" is flexible, and hunger/not hunger is affected by a zillion psychological factors. I think it's better to trust the math rather than my stupid stomach.

Or an even better example: consider the champion competitive eater, Molly Schuyler:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-72oz-steak-eating-record-20150420-story.html

• JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I pack it away for my next meal. Save the extra calories for a special treat.

• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? Was it good?
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Use a smaller plate (I picked up some dessert plates at a yard sale or charity shop), and only put 2/3 of your normal portion on. The smaller plate size makes it look like a larger portion. Eat that, drink your beverage, and wait 5 or 10 minutes before deciding if you are still hungry for any more. Usually, I'm not, and the rest gets put away for another meal or snack. That way, it's still in the baking or serving dish and not on your plate, where you might feel compelled to finish it.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I stop and just throw it away I don't adjust my ;logging it would be to difficult to re weigh and figure things