Healthy snacks!!

Options
nikki_dw
nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
I'm sure this gets posted a lot, but I need easy and healthy snack ideas! I'm a teacher and usually spend 10-12 hours at school. I need to pack some healthy snacks because if I leave school hungry, I'm going through the drive thru and then all bets are off!

What are your favorite healthy and easy to pack snacks? :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, protein bars, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, nuts, trail mix, hard boiled eggs, hummus and veggies, apples and peanut butter, string cheese
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    An apple and two tablespoons of peanut butter, a low fat string cheese and a cup of fruit (I love blueberries), almonds and dried cranberries
  • lalaconz
    lalaconz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A handful of pistachios (my favourite nuts), a banana, natural organic turkey slices with some cream cheese in them, celery with organic pb. Lots of tea and water throughout the day. Don't skip meals. Also, eating your carbs with breakfast and lunch instead of dinner will help fend off late night hunger.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My favorite easy transport snack is a protein bar. Quest and Pure Protein are typically less than 200 cals with around 20g of protein. You could keep some bars in your car or handbag to have on hand to eat if you find yourself hungry driving home so that hitting the drive thru can't be rationalized.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like broth or veggie soup when it's cold. I like hummus and veggies too. I have been packing 1 oz of cheese, lightly salted nuts and dried fruit. I like those Dole mandarin oranges or other fruits in juice. Bonus you can use the little cups to pack more snacks.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/09/recycle-tip-fruit-cups-mason-jars.html

Mason%2BJar%2BHummus%2BSnack3.jpg
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ok, my brother who is a nutritionist / health guru said, "stay away from nuts"... they are high in fat and if you can't limit yourself to a max of 4-5 of them a day, then to completely stay away... instead he said, go for the green and red pepper slices with honey mustard dip, asparagus slices w/ garlic, any type of melon.... he personally works with Will Smith so I need to take his advice... He said, "eat 6 small meals a day, not the typical 3".... so basically you can have your grilled chicken at 10am if you want as a snack (portion accordingly)... or have your oatmeal at night.... as long as you are getting 6 meals in along with ur snacks, any combo you want...you'll be good. I so need to take his advice! LOL PS: Also limit your banana intake as well.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    dates( try them they are much better than they look)
    Starkist tuna pouches
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Protein to fill you up. meat, nuts, beans/lentils.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I always have an apple before my walk at lunch and I have a Dannon Light and Fit (strawberry and blueberry are the best) mid morning. I sometimes eat Quest Protein Bars (chocolate cookie dough is my favorite, but there are several that are yummy) or Ostrim Beef and Elk or Beef and Ostrich meat sticks (the Teriyaki and Sweet & Spicy are the best). They are reasonable in their sodium, low calorie, high protein and no nitrates!

I also love red seedless grapes. They keep well when washed in a mason jar in the fridge!
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    For the trip home, protein bar, popcorn, grapes, raw veggies, water.
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Apple and sliced cheese!