Does anyone else get really really cold?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and am eating right around 1200 calories a day, but I rarely get cold or even cool. That's what going through menopause will do to you. ;)
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I, too, am hypothyroid, but that's not the reason for cold hands. Look up Renaud's Disorder. It's a circulatory condition that generally affects the extremities (hands and feet/fingers and toes). Even in less than harsh cold, your fingers can turn white, and blue, and black from the lower temperature. In extremely severe cases, the shallow blood (oxygen) circulation can affect the lower arms and legs as well.

Some people only suffer with this condition in their hands or their feet and not both. So you might have "frozen digits" on your hands and they turn purple and your hands start stinging from the cold and even your arms start turning blue! My family laughs that I pull the gloves out as soon as the temps hit the mid-fifties. If this sounds like you, talk to your doctor. There are medicines that can help.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    ihaterocks wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's not my diet. I'm on 1200 cals a day and lately I've been getting unreasonably cold- my dorm was at 70 degrees the other day and I had to put gloves on because I couldn't feel my hands. Anyone else?

Unless you're short, with only 13 pounds to lose according to your ticket, 1200 calories may not be enough for you.

However, not being able to feel your hands when it's 70 degrees is something you should discuss with your doctor.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If your hands are truly numb at 70 degrees, call the doctor. That's not normal.

For me, seventy degrees is cold. I like the house to be around 77-78 degrees. In the winter, I will drop it to 73 or 74 if I have to run the heat, but I won't like it. 70 is too cold for me. Brrrr. My hands aren't numb, though!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I'm really cold ALL day long...and then I'm really hot ALL nite, every nite...and pity the poor man who dares to turn up the heat while I'm sleeping...ISYN!
  • SlamF
    SlamF Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, except at night. I sweat my *kitten* off in my sleep, no matter the temperature. I go to bed freezing cold, and then wake up burning up, sometimes drenched in sweat - even when we set the thermostat to 60. It makes no sense. My cat loves it though. He sleeps under the covers right next to me because I'm like a radiator. I asked my doctor about it, but they can't find anything wrong with me.

To help with the cold, I run my hands under warm water. Also, I wear the gloves with the finger holes at work. They help some.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, but since I've lost a good chunk of weight, I'm FREEZING all of the time. I'm currently wearing a hoodie and a blanket at my desk at work.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I felt really cold at the start of winter. To the point I was wearing gloves, 2 pair of pants, 2 socks.

But I guess feeling cold when it's cold is normal :expressionless:
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yep. I don't have enough insulation. :-)