Help please! Estimating burn :-/

Options
evivahealth
evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
edited November 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Help! I'm decorating for work over the next three weeks and will be spending about 3-5 hours a day carrying really heavy loads, hanging lights, climbing ladders, painting things etc... Now usually I'd just wear my Fitbit and go with the calorie read on that but it's broken and the "moving boxes" calorie burn on MFP seems a little over the top.

Any suggestions for estimating my burn? Thinking I'll add 150-200 extra calories a day and just try hard to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry... Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! You'll be in the ballpark counting every hour of that kind of work activity as 150 calories, I'd say.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hi! You'll be in the ballpark counting every hour of that kind of work activity as 150 calories, I'd say.

Probably a decent number. I usually counted stuff like that as 100 calories an hour for myself. I'm 6'3" 240lbs as well.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Alright so let's say 70 calories per hour (I'm a short, relatively fit girl)? Try it for a few days and gauge if I need more or less. Thanks everyone! :)