Work-at-home teacher, mom, cancer survivor: Looking for a support network!

Options
Wow! I can't believe this, but somehow all of the weight I shed after giving birth to my 2nd (last) baby six years ago has crept back up! I'm back to exactly where I was after she was born!

How did this happen? Ugh. Well, I am a teacher, and last year I went from a classroom job to a work-at-home virtual teaching job. I LOVE it so much! I am SO much less stressed! But I am sitting ALL. THE. TIME. And I have access to the food in my pantry ALL. THE. TIME.

A bit about me: I am 35 years old. I teach high school English online, and I'm a wannabe blogger/writer. I'm a married mom of two (7 y.o. boy; almost 6 y.o. girl). My in-laws live with with me, along with our three dogs and a cat, in Orlando, FL. I am also a stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor (diagnosed while pregnant with baby #2).

Does anybody out there have anything in common with me? I'd love to meet a support group on here, because it seems like I'm the only person in my real-life group of friends who has any kind of weight issues. I'm looking to lose 40-50 lbs by the time this is said and done, although it would take a 30lb loss to get me back to pre-baby weight. I'd love to hear from you. Add me! :)

Replies

• prinsesslolli
    prinsesslolli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also an English teacher! I teach 8th grade, but am off until January after the birth of my first son a month ago. I'm 31 and would also like to lose 40 or 50 lbs. I'm new at this and am looking for friends! :)
  • cme40
    cme40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a high school English teacher. Here for support and weight loss! :)
  • Yoyomatsumoto
    Yoyomatsumoto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a middle school science teacher. Two time breast cancer survivor. The first time when I was 36 and the second when I was 41. My infant son the first time around is now graduating from high school! So, Ms. Coffeemostly, I am here to tell you that you have a friend!
  • CareyAnne55
    CareyAnne55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am virtual special ed teacher and I need to lose over 100 pounds. I have been married for 14 years and have one 5 year old girl. Feel free to add me! I would love some buddies to get support from and give support too!