Please help me get started, and keep going!

Options
This is my first time posting, although I've been on MFP for quite a while. Bottom line, I am ready to really get serious about losing weight and becoming as healthy as I can be. I've tried doing it on my own in the past, and realized last night that I need need some support, and apparently a bunch of education on how to do this in a better way.

I'm a very private person so don't feel comfortable talking about this with my family and r/l friends. So I'm hoping to find some support from people online who can help guide and encourage me. And I'll do my best to encourage others, too!

I'm a 56-year-old woman, and need to lose at least 100 lbs. I have some health issues, and being so overweight is clearly adding to some of the problems. I suffer from debilitating fatigue and I'm convinced that when I lose weight I'll have more energy, and I want that more than I can say. I have physical limitations, mostly due to injuries from auto accidents. Putting together my fatigue, injuries and weight, exercise has been a big struggle. I need to find ways to somehow lose enough weight so exercise itself doesn't cause additional injuries (for example, if I walk too much, my ankle injury flares up and then I literally can't walk for a day or two).

This is a cycle I desperately want to break!!!! I need help figuring this out. I KNOW there's a way to be successful, I just don't know what that way is. Help me, please :)

Replies