I ate double the calories I'm supposed to!

Options
So yesterday I ate double the calories I'm supposed to- now what???? What do you do when you have a really bad calorie day??????

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You can only move forward in time. Today you will do better. Nothing to get down on yourself about.

Maybe think about what your objectives are, and what led to doubling down. Perhaps a more moderate approach could lead to better success.
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the wagon!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Walk away from yesterday and do better today. Just keep to what you should eat today, don't try & make up for it, punishment isn't required, keeping on is!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I look at the week as a whole and adjust my calories from there. So in my case, double the calories in one day would be 2400kcals. I'm supposed to consume 8,400kcals per week, so if I subtract out yesterday, Im left with 6,000. 6,000kcals in 6 days is 1000kcals/day.

I can't happily exist on 1000kcals/day, so I'd need to burn at least 200kcals/day in exercise so I could eat :-)

OR, you can just move forward and not worry about it. We don't get unhealthy from one bad day of eating, and one day won't undo all of your progress.
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Look forward and don't beat yourself up! Plus, work out a little extra today so you feel better about it!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Math time!

My goal is 1725, so double that puts me up by...1725.

Divide 1725 by 6 (The rest the days left in the week) gives me 287.5.

Subtract that from each of the other days. 1437.

I'd eat 1437 for the next few days.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. There will be days when you fall short or when you way over do it. Analyze where you went wrong and decide where you can make better choices today. Don't blame yourself because your human and along with teaching yourself to make better choices you are changing an ingrained behavior. A behavior you didn't learn overnight i assure you. It will take time and patience.

Be kind to yourself, always.

You'll get there.

Tess
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've had some really "ugly" days unintentionally. ESPECIALLY with carbs- which are my secret addiction (not so secret on here lol but I digress)

Just move forward and carry on. Get an extra workout in. In my honest opinion, some of my crazy days have been a great motivator/stepping stone for weight loss. First, it DEFINITELY makes me eat better the next day. And also, sometimes a day of high calories helps bust a small plateau and gives you the energy for that super muscle workout or mega-hike. I always think of a bodybuilder friend I had who would eat healthy 6 days out of the week, and on saturday he'd eat 40 big macs. Literally, 40. And he claimed it was his way of preventing plateaus and helping his muscles grow. While i'd never recommend eating that much or Big Mac's in general, it makes you not feel so bad for that extra bowl of ice cream!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Log it. Go, "That sucked, this week I'm going to exercise more and do better." and move along. It's not the end of the world.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a bad day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. You're gonig to have days where you overeat and days were your deficit might be fairly large. Just move forward. If you really want, cut a few calories here and there for the next week or so.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Let it go and stop doing that!!!!:noway:
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    forget yesterday its gone, concentrate on TODAY , most of us have been where you are you just got to pick yourself up and carry onwards , every day is a new day :smile:
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a bad day, we all have them. I would try to figure out if there was a trigger though in eating double your calories for the day. If there's a specific reason you ate double the calories maybe it can be avoided.