Baking Mistake: you might be eating 2X the calories!

Options
I love to bake, and I'm always trying created low calorie muffins and cookies...as are most of you! But your muffins or cookies might contain double the calories! Check out today's post on my blog to find out more... http://lowcaloriecupboard.blogspot.ca/2013/06/healthy-eating-tip-baking-mistake.html

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Measuring cups and spoons are almost useless when it comes to calorie counting. Weigh everything.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Measuring cups and spoons are useless when it comes to baking. That's why serious bakers (and all professionals) use weight.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Measuring cups and spoons are useless when it comes to baking. That's why serious bakers (and all professionals) use weight.
    Exactly. I use scales for most things just because its easier, but it's the only way to get consistent results.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I actually learned this in HomeEc back in school. You have to sift the flour and carefully spoon it. It's the same for powdered sugar too.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Professionals are baking in a large scale, so measuring cups would take forever.